Launched in partnership with The Rockefeller Foundation, the India Policy Leadership Lab (“India Lab”) will build policymakers’ capacity to leverage an array of human, intellectual and financial capital. By emphasising the importance of action over theory and partnership building through local networks, this platform paves the way for non-traditional allies to find innovative ways to work together.
Through a series of capacity building activities, advisory sessions and engagement opportunities, the programme aims to:
- Improve the capability of Fellows to access social investment for their current and future initiatives
- Meaningfully connect Fellows with key stakeholders from the social investment community for mentorship, networking, and financial and non-financial support
- In the long-term, to empower public sector agents of change to leverage on the potential of partnering with private sector capital to advance impactful policy initiatives
As part of the selection process, Fellows are requested to nominate a policy initiative that will be key to this experiential, practice-based programme. Selected policy initiatives will be listed on the APFx (Policy Exchange for Impact), a regularly updated platform for Fellows to develop meaningful partnerships with AVPN members to access the right capital.
The Lab takes the Fellows through five major phases of activity:
- Deep-dive consultations with AVPN: To define the challenge that the initiative hopes to address and carry out an in-depth analysis of the necessary resources
- Resource and member mapping: To identify who and what within AVPN’s network and Knowledge Centre assets can offer financial and/or non-financial support to advance the initiative
- Lab Sessions: Sessions enable Fellows and select AVPN members to learn about the policy initiative and tap into their knowledge and experience to address existing gaps and opportunities
- Full engagement of AVPN ecosystem: Participation in AVPN capacity-building resources, Member-exclusive local activities, and support through AVPN’s digital and physical outreach, including the APFx and annual AVPN India Summit and Policy Forum
- Graduation Forum: An exclusive convening of Fellows, select AVPN Members and Lab mentors that will mark the conclusion and takeaways from the Lab experience and solidify partnerships and milestones achieved during the programme
Nomination of Policy Fellows
All AVPN Members and Partners are invited to nominate policymakers and/or policy partners in their network who may be a potential candidate for the India Policy Leadership Lab here. Nominated candidates must fulfil the Eligibility Requirements.
*The nomination window for the 2020/21 cohort has closed.