“Congratulations on a terrific conference! I really enjoyed it. I met some great people, had some good conversations, speakers were excellent and I know that others felt similarly.”
Ruth Jones, Social Venture Partners Network
“People were inspired, energized and felt they made really good connections. We are all looking forward to reconvening for next year’s conference! (Can we register yet?)”
Abbie Jung, Synergy Social Ventures
“Congratulations on a first class conference, from my observations it was very well programmed, organized, executed and a great opportunity for so many people to connect. The generous amount of networking time that was allocated was appreciated by many as this is one of the key attractions of such an event, time to meet many people throughout the sector. I myself met more than ten people that I will progress discussions with in the coming weeks.”
Mark Sayer, IIX
Write to [email protected] to register for Early Bird tickets now before they run out on 20th February 2015!
Our 2015 Conference on 20 – 23 April 2015 promises to be larger and even better than the past conferences. The conference will be centered around the theme of “Venture Philanthropy in Practice” and structured along the verticals of the new capability development model that is being developed by our Knowledge Centre team on venture philanthropy practices. These practices include the Pre-engagement processes, Impact Assessment, Capacity Building for investees, and Portfolio Management.
New! There will be a Members Only day, which will feature AVPN members presenting about the state of social investing in their own countries. The country sessions include: Singapore, Hong Kong, China, India, South Korea, and Japan. The panel discussions will be carefully curated and run by local experts from each country, providing members with insight into the social investing landscape in those markets.The main conference dates on 21 – 22 April 2015 will have panels discussing the following topics:
- Venture Philanthropy in Practice – challenges and success of pioneering engaged philanthropists
- Disruptive vs Sustaining social investing
- Scaling up impact through collective action
- Engaging governments – learn about efforts pursued by government agencies and how to collaborate closely with them
Parallel breakouts covering:
- How to get started in engaged philanthropy: giving circles and venture philanthropy funds
- Pre-deal processes: due diligence and understanding the landscape of social need
- Capacity building of social organisations: how to channel human capital effective
- Impact assessment: choosing among various frameworks, what’s the cost/benefit?
- Portfolio management: allocating resources across grantees, how to exit?
- Multi-sector collaboration: effectively partnering with business and government
We will continue to have Investment Showcase sessions, which were very popular in the 2014 conference. Please contact us now if you are interested in featuring the organizations that you have been working with. Places are limited so please confirm as soon as possible. Don’t miss out this chance to showcase your investee organization to a captive audience of investors, grant-makers and partners.Our fringe events day will be held on April 23, 2015 for side events. Should you be interested in organizing an event please get in touch with us. Last year we had events by OECD, ANDE, National Council of Social Services, Lien Centre for Social Innovation, and Forum for the Future. Leverage on our speakers and delegate base to host your special event.Registration for members to our 2015 Conference officially opened on December 8th. Many members have already claimed their tickets, if you have not done so yet please write to [email protected] before tickets are open to non-members after 8th January 2015!