Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and successful social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and people as a catalyst for social change. Dasra scales non-profit organizations and social businesses in order to help accelerate poverty alleviation and transform lives. With over 15 years of experience and a team of 70 + professionals, Dasra has established itself as a social sector leader by:
Evaluating over 1,600 non-profit organizations and social businesses;
Advising 500 non-profit organizations and social businesses on growth plans;
Engaging over 1000+ philanthropists, multi-lateral agencies and corporate foundations;
Publishing 22 research reports and white papers;
Directing over USD 40 million in funding commitments to the social sector.
The Associate will be responsible for developing unique insights into different sectors, building Dasra’s thought leadership, and working with cross functional teams. Dasra envisions this role as a unique opportunity for a proven leader, with a passion for transforming social change through action-based research which leads to more strategic giving to sustainable and scalable non-profits and social businesses in India.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Leading secondary research and data collection
• Interviewing and developing strong relationships with key sector leaders across stakeholder groups
• Working with a cross-functional team to synthesize information from various sources and create meaningful analysis
• Creating action-based content in the form of reports aimed at driving funding to priority development areas
• Contributing to dissemination efforts
• Working closely with the Communications, Dasra Girl Alliance, Dasra Social Impact and Funding teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with:
Strong work experience (3-5 years) preferably in private equity, banking, management consulting or development sector research
Strong writing, problem-solving, analytical and presentation skills.
Excellent time management and project management skills.
Outstanding writing and oral communication.
Kindly apply here.