AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
AVPN Consultant – Greater Mekong region
We are in search of an enthusiastic, conscientious, and organized individual to join AVPN as Consultant based preferably home-office based in Thailand (negotiable to Vietnam/HQ office in Singapore), to be working with the AVPN Southeast Asia Director and AVPN HQ team on the development of the social investment ecosystem in the Greater Mekong region (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam & collaboration with AVPN China team).
The Greater Mekong consultant will focus on maximizing potential benefits for new and existing members of AVPN, as well as developing and growing the AVPN membership network in the Greater Mekong region. The role requires an effective communicator with initiative and commitment to AVPN’s mission and vision. This role will be responsible for the markets across the Greater Mekong region, priorities being in Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia, requiring a strong knowledge of at least two of the countries and the sector at large.
- Strategic advisory and management of AVPN value proposition in the region
- Membership services management: Growth and retention of membership (with focus on Foundations/Family Offices, MNCs, Financial Institutions, Impact Funds, PE/VC funds, incubators/accelerators)
- Strengthening of the country-specific membership offerings to new and existing members following AVPN’s Connect, Learn, Lead – philosophy
- Implementation of partnership programs in the region
- Create and facilitate regular events for members including roundtable and panel discussions, workshops, webinars and seminars
- Support AVPN to conduct a market analysis of social sector in the priority countries
- Representation of AVPN at external events in the countries as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of the social investments ecosystem in the Mekong region
- Experience in member/partnership management or business development
- Strategic thinker and planner with an ability to identify opportunities for membership growth and engagement
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with a high degree of independency while proactive in sharing and leveraging prospective member contacts and knowledge with colleagues
- A passion to contribute to the growth of social investment in Asia
- A confident and professional, service oriented approach
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English and preferably in one of the languages of the region as well
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Ability to travel frequently – across the Mekong region and to Singapore
Terms of Employment:
- Full time, consultancy fee
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Mekong Consultant_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.