About AVPN’s Climate Action Platform
AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative, and outcome-focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
AVPN’s Climate Action Platform was launched last year with the vision to ‘unlock capital’ in a more targeted and effective manner into climate solutions and to create an effective way for AVPN members who are climate leaders and potential investors to find new and impactful ways to share best practices and thought leadership whilst codifying and sharing experiences, insights and solutions. As we move to year 2 of building the climate action platform and into the stage of COVID recovery, we feel that the subject of climate action should be on top of mind of funders to create pathways for action beyond the remit of signature events and create a succession of convenings of webinars and roundtable discussion on climate related topics.
The benefits for candidates are the tangible involvement in the sector’s core practices and access to AVPN’s network of grant making and impact investing organisations within the climate space.
The Climate Intern will focus on supporting the Climate Specialist, and Manager Climate Action Platform, to develop a climate community, expand outreach and engagement in climate action within the AVPN member network. The role requires an effective communicator with an adaptable growth mindset, initiative and commitment to growing the AVPN footprint in the climate space.
This position reports to the Climate Specialist, and Manager Climate Action Platform.
- Mobilise members through identifying opportunities for connections, collaboration and visibility for member activities
- Actively engage with market representatives in Southeast Asian markets to understand the AVPN climate eco-system
- Identify outreach approach for prospective new members or partners for Southeast Asia markets and key thematic platforms
- Help run capacity building programmes including webinars, workshops, business clinics conducted by expert members for climate action platform
- Manage social media content to showcase member work on climate action platform
- Assist in processing deals on Climate Action Platform
- Conduct secondary research including journal articles, publications, websites and data analysis
- Content development and management for climate action platform
- Synthesise insights effectively and creatively for different climate audience and profiles
- Contribute/Co-author to AVPNs Climate Action Platforms blog posts and external articles to inform readers of insights
- Gain knowledge and insights of the social investment and climate action sector in Asia
- Interact with key players in the climate action sector
- Develop internal skills using platforms Salesforce, Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Work with an international team
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in and passion for social sector and climate action
- 1-2 years of internship experience in a relevant field or educational background in sustainability or climate change (bachelors)
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Strong written communication skills and an interest in content development
- Demonstrated attention to detail and focus on producing high quality deliverables
- Strong written and spoken English
- Professional and comfortable with working within a team in an organisational setting – including working remotely when necessary
- Good command of IT, including: MS Office, Excel and Canva (preferable)
- The candidate will need to be based in Singapore and must hold pre-existing immigration status that permits internship activity in Singapore. AVPN regrets that we are unlikely to sponsor work passes.
Start date: Immediately for one year
Please send your CV, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (Climate Specialist, Manager, Climate Action Platform).
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.