Education: Bachelor’s, Master’s
Start Date (Earliest): 21 June 2020
Language Requirement: English
Length of Commitment: Two years
About the Organisation
J-PAL is a global research center working to ensure that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of 194 affiliated professors at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomised impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty. We build partnerships with governments, NGOs, donors, and others to share this knowledge, scale up effective programs, and advance evidence-informed decision-making.
The CLEAR South Asia Regional Centre was established in May 2011 at the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab, South Asia (J-PAL South Asia). CLEAR/J-PAL South Asia offers capacity building services to policymakers, governments, foundations, international development organizations, civil society, and M&E practitioners in the broader South Asia region. In addition to this, the centre shares M&E knowledge through conferences, roundtables, and other events across South Asia.
About the Position
CLEAR/J-PAL South Asia seeks a Communications Associate to promote the stakeholder engagement through three core activities: content creation, stakeholder management, and dissemination. The communications associate will coordinate with the CLEAR hub at the World Bank, Washington D.C to align CLEAR South Asia’s communications strategy with the broader objectives of the CLEAR initiative.
- Upgrade and manage CLEAR South Asia’s external subscriber database
- Manage video, design, and audio products from start to finish with input and support from training team members and Communications Manager
- Manage the CLEAR South Asia website and maintenance of CLEAR South Asia print collateralAdvance CLEAR South Asia’s social media activities and presence
- Lead outreach for CLEAR South Asia events including roundtables, public training courses and webinar, CLEAR’s annual Evaluation Week, and the flagship Executive Education and Measurement and Survey Design courses
- Support core communications activities including copyediting blogs for CLEAR SA website; content sourcing for CLEAR SA external newsletters; participation in event planning of the training team, with the Senior Events Associate.
- Enhance relationships with key external stakeholder groups, including current and potential partners, through personal meetings and outreach, as well as by facilitating team-wide participation in networking activities and events, as and when needed.Support on fundraising and donor management activities, when required
- Support the CLEAR/J-PAL training team on any other communications tasks, as needed
Your creativity, interpersonal skills, passion for organizational development, and interest in social policy make you an ideal candidate for Communications Associate.
- Education: A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in economics, mass communication/media, or nonprofit management.
- Strong interest in international development/impact evaluation and/or organizational development demonstrated by coursework and professional experience.
- Experience: This is a junior-level position requiring 0-2 years of relevant work experience. You may be a recent graduate with related internships, or you may have previous experience in research and/or development work.
- Technical Skills: You have experience with stakeholder and project management and an aptitude for multimedia content production. You are comfortable learning computer applications, including Salesforce and Marketing Cloud.
- Communication: You are detail-oriented and have excellent writing, copyediting, and interpersonal skills. You understand key principles for communicating academic research in ways that non-technical audiences can understand. You are precise, clear, and creative.
- Organization and Time Management: You are a strategic thinker. You can handle multiple projects at once, meet deadlines, and effectively manage your time. You bring consistently high levels of thoroughness and initiative to all projects you undertake.
- Attitude: You love learning. You are passionate about the role of rigorous research in informing international development policy. You are self-motivated, work hard, and enjoy working in teams.
Please apply on our website; although there is no deadline, we are looking to hire as soon as possible.
J-PAL South Asia