The position is a part of the team responsible for ideating, managing and executing various campaigns and event partnership at United Way Mumbai. The predominant campaign is the Tata Mumbai Marathon (TMM). TMM is India’s biggest philanthropic sporting event, annually raising more than INR 46 crores for nearly 300 NGOs with numerous corporate partners and individuals supporting them. As the official philanthropy partner of the TMM we serve as the philanthropic exchange connecting donors to NGOs by creating and implementing an organized and structured charity platform.
In your role as an executive in the campaigns team, you will be developing relationships with new and existing Corporates enabling them to raise funds for the NGOs partnering with UWM. You will be required to build rapport with them, create a constant engagement and help them deepen their philanthropic involvement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth, end to end knowledge of the Philanthropy Structure of the TMM and constantly strive to improve it
- Understanding how employee engagement works at UWM and develop strategies to get corporate to sign up for the TMM
- Create and execute a communication plan to onboard past employee fundraisers at the TMM
- Research, ideate and incorporate best practices for onboarding new fundraisers and involving young individuals to raise funds
- Manage the end to end individual fund cycle – raising, receiving, accounting, reconciling, disbursing and reporting
- Develop and maintain an excellent business relationship with the corporate point of contacts and help them with problem solving any issues that they may face in their campaign.
- Contribute to all activities of the campaigns team including working on new event collaborations
- Research, recommend and incorporate best practices to improve team efficiency
- Research and recommend social media engagement plan for the fundraisers and develop content and human interest stories for digital promotions
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a focus on humanities, marketing, communication or business administration preferred
- Your interest in others and your desire to make connection must be authentic
- Have a good listening skill and be of an empathetic nature. Your ability to connect with people and gain trust quickly are essential
- You need to be self-motivated and goal-oriented. Taking initiative and ability to think out of the box is a required skill for the job
- Great command of MS Office and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Being of curious mind is a bonus to the position
Remuneration: Subject to relevant qualification, experience & merit; the salary range is INR 3.6 L to INR 4.2 L p.a.
This job vacancy will be open until filled. To submit your application, Click