IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our diverse, growing team of over 150 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more at www.IDinsight.org.
Objectives of Role
The Financial Planning and Analysis Lead is a newly created role that will expand our ability to support our organization with Budgeting, Forecasting, value added analysis and insightful financial reporting. This position will work with the CFO based in the US, the Finance Director, based in Nairobi, and other finance colleagues in New Delhi and Nairobi.
The FP&A Lead’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Support the annual budget and forecasting processes. This may include creating budget tools, coordinating budget processes, and supporting leadership in creating their budget. It may also include coordinating the project pipeline and staffing forecasts, and cash forecasting.
- Support leaders with tools, analysis and guidance in areas such as project budgets, contract negotiations, billing rate analysis and donor proposals.
- Support senior leaders with monthly analysis and preparation of their forecast and/or budget
Reporting & Analysis
- Create, prepare, and maintain insightful financial reporting which may include: budget monitoring reports, monthly & quarterly management reports, and dashboards
- Prepare presentations for Senior leadership, Finance Committee and the Board of Directors
- Create additional value-added financial reporting, tracking and presentations to support IDinsight Leadership
- Prepare routine reporting on contribution revenue, restrictions and receivables.
Other Finance Activities
- Support Accounting team in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, and reconcile to management reporting and dashboards
- Act as backup for other finance functions
- Support other global financial and related tasks as and when required
Career and skill development is a priority for all IDinsight employees. IDinsight’s entrepreneurial culture allows for the role to be tailored to individual passions, goals and preferences. IDinsight is also committed to facilitating work-life flexibility to maximize professional satisfaction and sustainability.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Degree in relevant discipline, such as Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce or other relevant area.
- Minimum combination of either 1) Advanced Degree or Professional qualification plus at least 5 years experience, or 2) Bachelors degree in related discipline and at least 7 years experience. More extensive experience is preferred.
- Professional, full-time work experience in budgeting , forecasting and analysis
- Experience is project reporting and/or accounting is desirable
- Accounting experience and/or designation desirable
- Directly related work experience desirable, including non-profit, international development, and/or other consulting/research organizations
- Sills and attributes:
- Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team player mindset
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Interest in / Passion for our mission
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills required
- Ability to work with limited supervision and with colleagues in other parts of the world.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in high-paced work environment
- Willingness and interest to learn new skills, to take on a variety of tasks and responsibilities, and adapt to new tasks on short notice
Compensation will be competitive with comparable social sector roles, and commensurate with experience and track record.
The process will consist of a first round interview, an exercise, a second-round phone interview, and a final in-person interview.
Preferred start date
As soon as possible.
Please apply online using this application form. You will be asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Cover letter should include an explanation of interest in the Financial Planning & Analysis Lead role and earliest possible start date. Please direct any questions to careers@IDinsight.org. IDinsight reviews applications on a regular basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer.