Title: Global Director Lorinet Foundation
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Time requirement & remuneration: 100% commitment; Competitive salary
About Lorinet Foundation:
Lorinet Foundation is a private family foundation with operating offices in Singapore and Mongolia. It aims to support pioneering, impactful and sustainable initiatives to promote education, employment and access to clean water and energy for vulnerable communities in Mongolia, South East Asia and France.
The foundation has been working towards the following outcomes for school readiness and on work readiness/employability for vulnerable families:
- Improving school readiness of children aged 3-5 years from at-risk or economically vulnerable families through enabling better access, affordability and quality of early education provision
- Improving work readiness of youth aged 15-24 years from at risk or economically vulnerable families for sustainable employment
Over the next 3-5 years the foundation’s work will focus on creating impact in Mongolia targeting both strategic pillars of early childhood education (ECE) and work readiness for youth. Within ECE the foundation will develop and implement a program aiming to create individual and systemic change for young children in the ger districts of Ulaanbaatar. Within work readiness of youth the foundation is aiming to potentially scale successful pilot projects that are currently ongoing. Also an overall market mapping analysis is planned in the short term.
Summary key functions and responsibilities
- Spokesperson of the foundation with all stakeholders
- Strategic stewardship of the foundation and especially of the ECE program – key activities being strategic planning, board engagement and management, team management
- Leading Strategic partnerships and relationships – Key activities being developing external partnership to support ECE and future programs, leading engagement with decision makers at policy and govt level, international origination for bringing partners to fund and develop program in Mongolia
- Key representative of the foundation in global and local networks – key activities being leading communication and PR activities, representing foundation at global and regional forums
- Program design, strategy planning and evaluation, and program development, as well oversight of budgets.
- Overall financial planning, management, and controlling, maintenance of LFs decision making process (including allocation of powers and duties as well as foundation board relevant decisions); coordination of progress updates and report delivery to program partners; review of approved contracts with third parties; lead of negotiations with and maintain relations with program partners. Update and convene the foundation board.
Key relationships within the organization:
- Founder family based in Singapore
- Board of Lorinet Foundation (Singapore, Bahamas, Switzerland)
- Country director based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- 5-10 years relevant senior work experience in the foundation/ social sector where the applicant has demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills and an ability to work across different cultures effectively
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in managing teams
- University degree – BA or above
- Experience in building and managing a grant portfolio for a foundation
- Experience in building and managing multi-stakeholder partnerships and bringing the collaboration towards a common goal
- Experience in international fundraising
- Experience in program design (ideally in the education sector), ability to take theory of change with outcomes into concrete implementation on the ground and to do according strategy planning and evaluation, and oversight of budgets
- Experience in an international and often virtual team setting
- Highly organized person with proven analytical, strategic and business development skills. In addition project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required.
- Results-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude with availability and willingness to travel internationally
- Full professional proficiency in English
Welcomed additional experiences:
- Experience in working within a family foundation set up
- Experience and know-how in the field of education as well as education policy
- Working practice in Mongolia
- Competency in Mongolian
Please send applications including CV, photo and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.