Application Deadline: 15 August 2017
The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) is a unique funders’ network headquartered in Singapore. The core mission of AVPN is to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector by connecting and empowering key stakeholders from funders to the social purpose organizations they support. With over 370 members across 28 countries, AVPN is catalysing the movement towards a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to philanthropy and social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
The Asia Policy Forum (APF) is a collaborative effort between influential policy makers, venture philanthropists, impact investors, social entrepreneurs and other key players in the social enterprise sector in Asia. It offers a convening platform, a community of like-minded advocates and practical learning opportunities to support governments to build an enabling environment for the social economy to flourish.
AVPN is seeking an intern for the Asia Policy Forum who will be supporting the curation of case studies and other resources for policymakers in Asia. The candidate will also be involved in managing the knowledge platform that will share third-party resources as well as information gathered and analysed from the various APF events. Key responsibilities also include coordination and support in the logistical management of APF events and programmes. The position may involve traveling around the region for events and coordination, if budget permits.
- Conduct desk research of studies related to the Asian social economy
- Conduct interviews with multiple stakeholders (policymakers, government agencies, civil society organisations, corporates etc.) and analyse inputs
- Synthesise insights into a case study, a comparative case study and/or a report in Word and/or PPT
- Coordinate and support APF events and programmes
- Conduct search of external resources to supplement APF digital resource library and provide input in design and execution of APF capacity building programmes
- Support the maintenance and update of APF digital resource library
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or higher degree in a related field such as Public Policy, International Relations, Political Science, Development Studies or Economics
- Prior exposure and possibly track record in research and/or the public, social and/or consulting sector
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience and interest in the social economy (social investment, philanthropy, social entrepreneurship)
- Ability to liaise with international agencies, government representatives, foundations and corporates
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, problem solver, but also be able to think systematically.
- Meticulous planner and executor of events and programmes
- Ability to work under tight timelines, multi-task and to respond effectively under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication in English. Fluency in another Asian language, especially Mandarin, Korean or Japanese, is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Candidate will be reporting to the Director of the APF
- Candidate will also be required to work with the rest of the APF and AVPN team to support other relevant activities and cross-function programmes
Interested parties please write in with your CV, cover letter stating your availability, relevant interest and background and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates can be notified.
For more information on AVPN, please visit our website.
Asian Venture Philanthropy Network