AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
AVPN Signature Events
The AVPN Conference is the largest social investing convening in Asia that gathers funders and resource providers from across the world to share knowledge, build strategic partnerships, and address socio-economic challenges at scale. The annual flagship event breaks down silos to bridge the worlds of philanthropy and impact investing with private equity and institutional investing.
AVPN Southeast Asia Summit 2020 (12 – 14 Feb 2020)
AVPN is bringing the Southeast Asia Summit to Indonesia in February 2020. Social investors looking for collaboration and knowledge-sharing opportunities in Southeast Asia are encouraged to join us in building the region for impactful social innovation.
AVPN is seeking an Events Associate to assist in the development and management of AVPN’s signature events. You will be integrally involved with the AVPN team, get an overview of the fast-growing social investment sector in Asia, and gain first-hand experiences in organising a mid- to large-scale conference. The intern will report directly to the Events Manager.
The Events Associate will assist the Events Manager in coordinating all aspects of event management of AVPN’s signature events such as AVPN 2020 Conference (June 2020) and Southeast Asia Summit (Feb 2020).
- Managing event logistics and administrative tasks
- Coordinating meetings and note-taking
- Overseeing volunteer management and coordination for AVPN 2020 conference
- Preparing post-event survey and evaluation report
- Coordinating with the marketing team to schedule promoting and publicity of events
- Ideal candidate must be willing to learn and be open-minded
- Must be able to take initiative
- Be communicative
- Able to collect, collate and present information perceptively
- Be detailed, meticulous and organised
- Have firm MS Office skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Candidate with experience/background in event management work is preferred
January – June 2020; ideally able to commit for at least 4-6 months until the end of AVPN 2020 Conference.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com (Events Manager). In your email, please also indicate your period of availability.
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.