AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative, and outcome-focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
AVPN is seeking a HR intern to support with the human resource and internal capacity development needs of AVPN. You will be integrally involved with the AVPN team, and work closely to help us develop the potential of our incredibly fast growing team.
This position reports to Chief of Staff.
- Help with the architecture and pilot of a simple staff development and progression database that maintains performance appraisal feedback, development areas, promotions, training needs and progress, etc.
- Support the creation of a standardized onboarding process for all new employees
- Follow up with onboarded employees to gather feedback on the onboarding process and implement any improvements based on the feedback
- Support the creation of job descriptions, including helping AVPN to integrate up-to-date practices of scoping positions and roles.
Internal capacity development
- Help with the analysis of the current skills of the team and identify areas of improvement based on the core competencies of AVPN
- Support the design and coordination of all internal capacity development activities (internal trainings, external trainings, brown bag sessions and cyber cafes) to ensure a cohesive and effective programme is delivered
- Support the sourcing and planning of external trainings which includes identifying a topic, finding a trainer, coordinating with the wider team and running the training session.
- Support the execution of internal training and engagement activities in the internal capacity development programme such as the Cyber Cafes, internal workshops, and Brown Bags.
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in and passion for social sector and social investing
- 1-2 years of work experience (internship included) in a relevant field or educational background in Human Resources
- Demonstrated attention to detail and focus on producing high quality deliverables
- Strong written and spoken English
- Professional and comfortable with working independently under tight deadlines.
- Good command of IT, including: MS Office, Excel and Canva (preferable)
- The candidate will need to be based in Singapore, although working under current social distancing conditions.
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 6 – 12 months
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.