The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) is a unique funders’ network headquartered in Singapore. The core mission of AVPN is to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector by connecting and empowering key stakeholders from funders to the social purpose organizations they support. With over 290 members across 28 countries, AVPN is catalysing the movement towards a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to philanthropy and social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
The Knowledge Centre aims to equip practitioners with core skills and tools to be more strategic and impactful as well as provide landscape studies of Asia in terms of social investment, access to finance and deal flow. We are seeking an intern for projects in these regards. A list of our past associates can be found here: https://avpn.asia/about-us/associates/.
The benefits for candidates are the tangible involvement in the sector’s core practices and access to AVPN’s network of grant making and impact investing organisations.
- Conduct desk research through analysis of existing knowledge and researching new sources
- Support interviews
- Help synthesise insights into a report in PPT and/or Word
- Have qualitative and some quantitative research or consulting experience
- Have prior exposure, possibly track record in the social or financial sector
- Be used to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and external partners
- Have a strong interest in and passion for venture philanthropy and the social sector
- Strong written and spoken English with optionally one further SE Asian languages
- Firm MS Office skills
Timeframe: Start and End Date: negotiable; minimum 3 months
Please send your CV, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of Insights and Capacity Building, Knowledge Centre)
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates can be notified.