AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative, and outcome-focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
AVPN Policy is a collaborative effort between policy makers, impact investors, corporates and other key players in the social impact sector in Asia. It offers a convening platform for policy champions to lead and implement cross-sector policy initiatives with the social investment community, provides visibility to public-private collaboration opportunities and offers capacity-building resources to support governments and social investors to work together to enable greater impact capital deployment
AVPN is seeking a Policy Associate (internship position) to assist in daily delivery of AVPN’s policy programmes. You will report directly to the Director of Policy and be integrally involved with the AVPN team, getting an overview of the fast-growing social investment and policy sector in Asia.
- Support the execution of policy programmes, engagement with policy community, and helping team members with research and curation of policy resources. Tasks will include email and phone communication, event preparation and execution, desktop research, and database management.
- Maintain, refresh and undertake critical tasks related to AVPN’s public-private collaboration platform, APFx: Policy Exchange for Impact. The Associate may need to proactively liaise with external stakeholders and partners to ensure information on the platform is updated, as well as oversee strategic management, user experience and design of the digital platform to increase web traffic.
- Draft and create policy content for publication of AVPN Blog, Newsletter and Microsite (writing original content for teammates to review, as well as liaising with policymaker community for guest contributions).
- Support AVPN policy events, most notably the India Policy Forum, Annual Conference (to which this associate would be encouraged to attend), and all other policy-related events at AVPN signature events.
- Assist with stakeholder and media monitoring and reporting, identify policy partnership opportunities for team to execute.
- Support AVPN in other tasks as needed.
- Ideal candidate will have a desire to build, or already have some, development/policy or impact investment/philanthropy experience
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills with external audiences
- Be resourceful and proactive in terms of finding sources and asking questions on their feet
- Be detail-oriented, thorough, and meticulous
- Be used to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and clients
- Be independent in workstyle and able to work responsibly with minimal supervision
- Have a strong interest in and passion for philanthropy and social investment
- Strong written and spoken English, another Asian language is a plus (e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi, Mandarin)
- Firm MS Office skills
- Candidate must hold at least a Bachelor Degree, ideally with a focus on international development, international policy or relations, or social investment-related areas
Timeframe: 6-month internship with an option to renew subject to strong performance
Contact: Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample (at least 1) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates can be notified.