AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
The Asia Policy Forum (APF) is a collaborative effort between influential policy makers, venture philanthropists, impact investors, social entrepreneurs and other key players in the social enterprise sector in Asia. It offers a convening platform, a community of like-minded advocates and practical learning opportunities to support governments to build an enabling environment for the social economy to flourish.
AVPN is seeking a Policy Associate (internship position) to assist in daily delivery of AVPN’s policy programmes under the Asia Policy Forum. You will report directly to the Director of Policy and be integrally involved with the AVPN team, getting an overview of the fast-growing social investment and policy sector in Asia.
- Support the execution of policy programmes, engagement with policy community, and helping team members with research and curation of policy resources.
- Tasks will include email and phone communication, event preparation and execution, desktop research, database management, creating and publication of microsite content.
- Draft policy content for AVPN Blog and Newsletter (writing original content for teammates to review, as well as liaising with policymaker community for guest contributions)
- Support signature policy events, most notably the APF Annual Convening during, as well as the AVPN Annual Conference (to which this associate would be encouraged to attend)
- Assist with stakeholder and media monitoring and reporting, identify policy partnership opportunities for team to execute.
- Coordinate with AVPN teammates to promote policy events and initiatives to the larger policy community
- Support AVPN in other tasks as needed
- Ideal candidate will have a desire to build, or already have some, development/policy or impact investment/philanthropy experience
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills with external audiences
- Be resourceful and proactive in terms of finding sources and asking questions on their feet
- Be detail-oriented, thorough and meticulous
- Be used to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and clients
- Be independent in workstyle and able to work responsibly with minimal supervision
- Have a strong interest in and passion for philanthropy and social investment
- Strong written and spoken English, another Asian language is a plus (e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi, Mandarin)
- Firm MS Office skills
- Candidate must hold at least a Bachelor Degree; ideally with a focus on international development, international policy or relations, or social investment-related areas
Timeframe: 6 month internship with an option to renew subject to strong performance.
Contact: Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample (at least 1) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates can be notified.