AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to drive more capital towards impact across the full continuum of capital from philanthropy to impact investment, corporate impact and sustainable finance. The organization is catalysing a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
The AVPN Knowledge Centre aims to equip practitioners and new entrants with necessary skills and tools to be more strategic and impactful through a range of training programmes, insight reports and engagement activities.
We are seeking a passionate, conscientious, and organized consultant to support AVPN’s Knowledge Centre for Greater China content creation. This role will focus on two primary objectives: increasing the content available in Mandarin and developing quality content for international audiences with an interest in the Greater China social investment ecosystem.
- Conducting primary and secondary research on topics related to social investment in Greater China and analysing this data for patterns and insights
- Writing and editing research-driven content such as articles, blog posts, case studies, e-books and other more in-depth reports
- Supporting and leading training, workshops and other knowledge centre events
- Maintaining regular interaction with Greater China member organizations to grasp and share the latest market news among the AVPN network
- Working with AVPN HQ to develop courses that showcase innovative social investment practices and capabilities from Greater China or relevant to Greater China Audiences
- Engaging AVPN members who are pioneers in their respective field to share their experiences and insights
Ideally you bring the following to our team and the role:
- Honours or Masters degree in social sciences, finance or a related field
- 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Qualitative research experience
- Strong interest in social investing and the social sector generally
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Firm MS Office and data analysis skills in Excel
- Ability to write for different media and to communicate sector knowledge to various audiences
- General curiosity, entrepreneurial mindset and proactive, independent practice
Commence as soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.