Location: Delhi, India
Apply by 10th October 2019
AVPN India is looking out for committed and dynamic individuals to execute the policy programs in India and further strengthen the existing network.
About AVPN: The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) is a unique funders’ network headquartered in Singapore with Indian operations based out of Ahmedabad. It is committed to building a vibrant and high impact philanthropy and social investment community across Asia. We are an advocate, capacity builder, and platform that cuts across private, public and social sectors embracing all types of engagement to improve the effectiveness of members across the region. The core mission of AVPN is to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector by connecting and empowering key stakeholders from funders to the social purpose organizations they support.
Asia Policy Forum
The Asia Policy Forum (APF) is a collaborative effort that offers a convening platform, a community of champions of the social economy and practical learning opportunities to support governments, policymakers and policy influencers to build an enabling environment for the social economy to flourish.
In India, Asia Policy Forum works to integrate policy lens into our signature events, like the India Policy Forum and India Summit. We also connect public-private partnerships or policy initiatives to social investment on APFx: Policy Exchange for Impact, and support policy leaders and partners in engaging social investment to create success in their policy programmes/initiatives through the Policy Leadership Lab. Through policy engagement and research, we continue to build our depth of knowledge and surface collaboration opportunities at the convergence of social investment and policy.
AVPN India, Manager – India Policy Forum
AVPN is seeking a Manager to execute our policy programmes and engage policy stakeholders in India.
Job Summary: You will be closely managed by the Director of Policy in AVPN Singapore headquarters, with a local reporting line to the CEO of AVPN India. While you will be based in Delhi, you are an integral part of the AVPN team, getting an overview of the fast-growing social investment and policy sector in Asia. You will be expected to travel domestically, where needed, to engage with state and district policymakers and members where collaboration opportunities arise. As a representative of a nonprofit organisation, you will be expected to be professional, nonpartisan, prudent, transparent and efficient in leveraging resources for optimal outcomes.
In this role, you will primarily:
- Execute India-based policy programmes through engagement and relationship building with policy community and connecting them with AVPN members/partners.
- Identify and ideate on policy-lens opportunities for AVPN to connect our strategic priorities/platforms with government initiatives, at federal, state, city and district levels.
- Research and curation of policy-social investment practices and relevant resources created within and outside AVPN, for publication and use on AVPN platforms and in events. This can include primary or secondary research.
- Policy event design, preparation, execution and communication, including invitee database compilation and management, managing invitations, third-party service providers, etc. as needed.
- Draft policy content for AVPN policy microsite, APFx, Blog and Newsletter, subject to editorial management. Content can be AVPN-originated or from guest contributions.
- Design and integrate policy-lens into signature events, most notably the AVPN India Summit/India Policy Forum, as well as the AVPN Annual Conference.
- Directly support and manage relationships with Policy Leadership Lab fellows in India, including regular communication, member connections, developing consultation plans that help to engage social investment to make progress in their initiatives.
- Monitor and report on Fellows progress and developments to HQ, funders and on media platforms where relevant.
- Be an “ambassador” and “radar” for policy developments that affect AVPN, social investment, and how AVPN/Policy plays a role in the ecosystem, sharing observations and findings with AVPN India and HQ team on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with AVPN teammates to promote AVPN and member events and initiatives to the larger policy community
- Support AVPN in other tasks as needed
- Any other job assigned by the line manager
Key Skills and Attributes:
- General curiosity, entrepreneurial mind set and proactive, independent practice
- Ability to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and members and work well in a dynamic, fast-paced team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with diverse audiences, agile in communicating with government, bureaucrats as much as social investors.
- Detail-oriented, thorough and responsible for your work.
- Executes programmes with a view for long-term outcomes yet a commitment to near term goals with hands-on effort
- Strong interest in cross-sector collaboration, networks and partnerships to achieve impact
- Strong written and spoken English and Hindi; other languages are a plus.
- Firm MS Office skills
- Academic certification is preferred to be in the fields of international development, international policy or relations, philanthropy, impact investment, or social investment-related areas
- Resourceful and proactive in terms of finding solutions, asking questions, can-do attitude that is unencumbered by hierarchy
- Entrepreneurial, has a growth mindset and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborates well vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and external stakeholders
- Should be willing to travel extensively across India
- A desire to work in and with non-profit sector is essential
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 5-6 years’ experience in development/policy experience, and at least 2 years in impact investment/philanthropy sector.
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, Contract (upto 12 months) renewable based on need and performance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.