Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Social ImpactThis role will manage the implementation of the Mastercard Academy 2.0, the flagship skilling initiative announced in December 2019. Implementation of the Mastercard Academy 2.0 will include:
- Project and stakeholder management of four distinct workstreams, which together roll-up into the Mastercard Academy 2.0
- Coordination with the Government of Indonesia to discover and strengthen alignments, in partnership with Public Policy and Government Engagement staff in market
- Identification and creation of channels to disseminate training content, which may include establishing unique tie-ups and partnerships with industry associations, universities, government entities, and companies
- Grant management, including reporting and funds disbursement oversight, in partnership with the Center staff in headquarters
- Impact measurement and results reporting, in coordination with the Center’s independent monitoring and evaluation specialist
- Development and execution of a coherent communications plan that targets to key stakeholders, in partnership with the Communications staff in market
- Support for other philanthropic activities and/or Financial Inclusion initiatives in Indonesia
This new, exciting position will coordinate and manage the implementation of the newly launched Mastercard Academy 2.0. The role necessitates close collaboration with business, the Center for Inclusive Growth, government, and civil society. It is an opportunity to advance meaningful social impact within a corporate setting and establish a blueprint that can be replicated in other markets that Mastercard is active in.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Create and execute roll-out plan for all pillars of the Mastercard Academy 2.0, with exclusive responsibility for the dissemination of training content for entrepreneurs and mid-career professionals.
- Manage existing programs, primarily but not exclusively Mastercard Academy 2.0, to ensure timely delivery of outputs and outcomes, problem solve, and iterate as lessons are learned.
- Facilitate timely grantee reporting and communication of programs results.
- Foster positive relationships with government officials, leading NGOs, social impact organizations, academic institutions, and industry associations.
- Mobilize employee volunteers into existing programs, as appropriate.Assist with creation of new programs and philanthropic partnerships in Indonesia.
- Support Indonesia with its financial inclusion strategy.
- Actively engage with the global team and participate in cross team projects as needed.
A successful candidate for this role will have:
- Demonstrated project management and execution skills with strong ability to multi-task and pivot in a dynamic working environment.
- Experience in international development, philanthropy and/or grant making, with a focus on human capital development, education, and/or technology skilling.
- Strong network with industry associations, government, universities, and/or fintechs.
- Proven understanding of the relationship between business, government, and community needs with an existing network of Indonesian key influencers, policy makers, non-profit leaders and others.
- Prior experience working, engaging or researching the needs of MSMEs, low wage workers or other BoP populations.
- Evidence of partnership development, planning and execution.
- Ability to work quickly and respond to urgent, unanticipated requests.
- Experience with managing multiple stakeholders with professionalism, maturity, and independence.
- Strong written & oral communications skills in English and Fluency in Bahasa.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.