AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
The Marketing & Communications Director is responsible for the strategic design, implementation and management of a range of on-line & off-line marketing and communication for AVPN across the region. This position will report to the Chief Product Officer (CPO).
- Oversee AVPN content across all platforms: Website, Newsletter, Blog, Social Media, Email Marketing, Annual Report etc. to generate engagement, brand exposure, and membership acquisition and retention
- Work with management team to develop strategic marketing and communications plan to optimize brand visibility and thought leadership positioning
- Manage Marketing Team, currently made up of Assistant Manager, Senior Associate and UX Designer as well as agencies (PR, Digital Content, Graphic Design etc.)
- Work closely with Markets team and Products team as well as Partnerships team to ensure brand consistency throughout the region and develop an integrated communications and marketing plan to support all AVPN initiatives.
- Support AVPN experiences especially AVPN Annual Conference, India Summit and SEA Summit, as well as smaller strategic convenings and workshops
- Oversee AVPN Content strategy, particularly for the website (avpn.asia) including monthly performance monitoring, SEO, as well as lead improvement by liaising with business units and web developers
- Lead media outreach and relationship building with journalists throughout the year as well as manage PR Agency partners for all major events
- Develop strong portfolio of marketing partners for increased visibility and targeted campaigns
- Manage Marketing and Communications annual budget
- 8-10 years of experience in Marketing / Communications / Digital Marketing
- Ability to forge and cultivate relationships with media
- Expert knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology and channels and how to best leverage for marketing programs as part of an overall content marketing strategy
- Excellent project and deadline management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Word Press, Email Campaign systems (mailchimp), Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram – HTML a plus.
- Highly motivated, quick-learner, self-starter
- College degree in marketing, communications and/or technical areas
- Excellent knowledge of English (both speaking and writing)
Must be able to present portfolio of work, including writing and digital samples.
Terms of Employment: Full time, based in Singapore
Email cover letter and CV to email@example.com, stating “Marketing Director_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.