The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) is a unique funders’ network headquartered in Singapore. The core mission of AVPN is to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector by connecting and empowering key stakeholders from funders to the social purpose organizations they support. With over 400 Members across 28 countries, AVPN is catalysing the movement towards a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to philanthropy and social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
AVPN is seeking a Marketing Associate to assist in daily management of the AVPN brand and communication platforms. You will report directly to the Director of Marketing and be integrally involved with the AVPN team, getting an overview of the fast-growing social investment sector in Asia. Knowledge in graphic and/or web design is a plus.
- Manage AVPN Conference 2018 Outreach Partners – to engage and follow up with all outreach partners by sending relevant collaterals and information
- Assist with AVPN Social Media platforms including alternate days posting, and coordinating with AVPN members to promote network events and initiatives
- Coordinate content creation for AVPN Blog (writing and editing original AVPN articles as well as liaising with AVPN members for guest contributions)
- Support AVPN Events and initiatives; potentially play a major supporting role in ensuring the Conference is a success
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks
- Ideal candidate will have some marketing, social media, content creation and/or graphic design experience
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills with external audiences
- Be resourceful in terms of finding sources and asking questions on their feet
- Be detail-oriented, thorough and meticulous
- Be used to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and clients
- Have a strong interest in and passion for philanthropy and social investment
- Strong written and spoken English
- Firm MS Office; Adobe InDesign skills are a plus
- Candidate must either be an undergraduate or postgraduate; ideally with a focus on communications, graphic design, marketing or social investment-related areas
Timeframe: Start and End Date: starting preferably January 2018; end-date up to June 2018 (negotiable)
Please send your CV, cover letter, and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (Senior Marketing Associate)
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates can be notified.
Asian Venture Philanthropy Network