The internship provides students and recent graduates an opportunity to learn more about the Venture Philanthropy and Social Investing (VP/SI) trends in Asia. The membership services team is responsible for overseeing 290+ members from 28 different countries and the internship will be a unique opportunity to study the work being conducted by some of the most forward looking organizations in the ecosystem.
Interns will be involved in a number of different projects in an effort to provide better services to our members. Such projects will include research based projects as well as facilitation of roundtables, meet ups, conferences and webinars.
- Research on general landscape, trends, key stakeholders and key development of VP/SI in selected countries to produce country fact sheets;
- Support the organization of AVPN events and client meetings;
- Desk-based research on prospective new members;
- Preparing internal briefing papers for marketing trips;
- Develop Powerpoint presentations for meetings
- Create marketing collaterals;
- Other ad-hoc tasks
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated from a Bachelor/Master’s degree in marketing, business, international development or a related field
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PPT
- Experience conducting research
- Very task-oriented, strong attention to details and self-starter
- Strong written and spoken English
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and develop
- Interest in venture philanthropy and the social sector
- One or two further SE Asian languages are a plus
Start date: flexible; with a minimum commitment of two months full-time
Please send your CV and cover letter to Clive (clive [at] avpn.asia)
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
AVPN Internships are unpaid.
Asian Venture Philanthropy Network