With over 600 members, AVPN is a unique and extensive funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high-impact social investment community across Asia, including social finance, impact investing and gender-lens investing. As an industry network, AVPN embraces all types of engagement to improve the effectiveness of members across the Asia Pacific region from hosting the region’s largest annual gathering for 1,200 social investors and ecosystem builders at the AVPN Conference in 2019, with 7,500 registered delegates at the 2020 virtual conference, to workshops, roundtables, webinars and regular member meet-ups. AVPN also produces research reports that support ecosystem development, hosts a platform to match the financial and non-financial resources of investors with investee organizations and runs an extensive communication platform which includes the AVPN website, a newsletter that is received by over 17,000 subscribers and a strong social media presence.
Reporting to the Chief Partnerships Officer, this role will work closely with the AVPN Partnerships team, as well as senior leadership, to help deliver the Grant and Sponsorship pipeline and develop key strategic relationships within the AVPN membership and network. We are looking for an individual with considerable experience in fundraising and sponsorships in the social investment and philanthropy sector. The Director will play a leading role in supporting AVPN’s strategic initiatives by building on existing funder relationships and driving new partnerships across all funding streams. The Director will collaborate with other AVPN product and market teams, such as the Knowledge Centre, Capital Mobilisation, and various market directors.
In the last financial year, AVPN was supported by more than 50 funders across a range of projects, programs and signature events. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, delivering and managing the grants and sponsorships that support AVPN in delivering on its mission to moving Capital towards Impact. The team is based in Singapore and works extensively with AVPN colleagues across 13 markets.
- Leverage AVPN management and market teams to build relationships with members, funders and sponsors to uncover partnership opportunities
- Increase funding for AVPN’s work across Asia to meet funding targets for thematic platforms, signature events, strategic products, and core operations
- Identify and develop qualified funding leads with innovative and creative proposals that includes grants, sponsorship, service fees, etc.
- Actively scan and connect with the social impact and development sector to build a network of new funding leads and strategic opportunities
- Write and review funding proposals and concept notes to engage funder interest and convert to grant, sponsorship or revenue streams
- Negotiating and finalising funder and sponsor requirements and agreements, with the support of AVPN team
- Seed and develop funder relationships to increase the strength of AVPN’s value proposition over time, leading to increase in duration and quantum of funding
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with current funders, maintaining strong AVPN social capital and improve their satisfaction levels with AVPN
- Supervise the grant management process and delivery of grant monitoring information and reporting by the team
- Support the curation of key programmes that are critical key funder relationships
- Support capacity building within the wider AVPN team to ensure that they have the necessary skills to pursue funding opportunities
- Manage ad-hoc projects that are part of the Partnerships team
- Work with AVPN teams to identify further strategic initiatives to support AVPN’s mission to drive and accelerate the movement of capital for impact in Asia
- Results-driven agile leader in planning and mobilising team members and lean resources to achieve results
- High-achiever and strong negotiator, works well under time pressure while managing different priorities for optimal outcomes
- High level of integrity with a commitment towards engaging more resources that bring social and environmental impact
- Brings a strong and diverse network of contacts and relationships within any of the global development agencies, multilateral agencies, governments, private/corporate philanthropy and social investment sectors
- Effective team-player that engages management, staff, subcontractors, consultants to achieve results
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, self-starter that takes the leadership role to seek opportunities and address challenges.
Experience and Qualifications
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in a fundraising/development role in the social impact or environmental sector, of which a minimum of 5 years of the same in Asia. This can include experience in operating foundations, large NGOs, etc.
- Proven track record in securing funding and sponsorships in Asia within the last 5 years
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing a small team towards excellence and results
- Strong networking, business development and relationship management skills
- Strong writing skills, with significant experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals, concept notes and sponsorship terms
- Strong oral communication skills, with significant experience in making pitches and productively conversing with potential funders that will convert to results
- Experience and comfort in “rolling up your sleeves” in a non-profit environment with lean resources
- Ability to travel as needed
Please apply through our application form.
The position is open until filled. Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email.