AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
We are looking for a professional with a strong interest in the social investment and philanthropy sector to join the AVPN partnerships team. We are responsible for developing, delivering and managing the grants and sponsorships that support AVPN in delivering on its mission to moving Capital towards Impact. In the last financial year, AVPN was supported by more than 50 funders across a range of projects, programs and signature events. The Partnerships team is based in Singapore.
The Partnerships Manager will report to the AVPN Chief Partnerships Officer and will work closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager and Partnerships Associate to help deliver the Sponsorship pipeline, support the grant pipeline development, management and reporting
- Assist in the development of a robust pipeline for grants with existing as well as new funders
- Manage smaller grants and ad-hoc projects that are part of the Partnerships team
- Key relationship manager with sponsors for AVPN annual conference and SEA Summit
- Manage sponsorship pipeline and lead on sponsor outreach and develop sponsor proposals
- Co-ordinate with the AVPN teams; such as Membership, Knowledge Centre and Asia Policy Forum to bring their knowledge and expertise for grants and into content development for the conferences for sponsor proposals
- Track sponsor benefit take-ups and work with them on communications around this (such as number of tickets, booth space, receipt of welcome material, etc)
- Responsible for post-conference follow-up, including track photos/session reports and developing thank-you package
- Support for other conference opportunities such as booths, sponsors for the Event Program, creation of a Book/App to publish investment opportunities in funds
Skills and Attributes
- Relevant work experience in social investment, impact funds, strategic philanthropy, corporate social impact, or similar, preferably in Asia
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, self-starter that proactively seeks opportunities and addresses challenges.
- Must be able to take initiative
- Be detail-oriented, thorough and meticulous
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Be used to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and clients
- Have a strong interest in and passion for philanthropy and social investment
- Strong written and spoken English and ability to speak the language of business and investment
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed.
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Partnerships Manager” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.