IDinsight is hiring a full-time administrator to manage the necessary payroll, compliance, and administrative work streams related to compensation across our global offices and 10+ countries of operation. This position will work regularly with colleagues across all regions and teams—from Global Operations worldwide, to Finance in India and Kenya, to our India and Africa Regional Operations teams and more.
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance. As a non-profit, we are laser-focused on enabling maximum social impact to improve millions of lives. Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting-edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our diverse, growing team of outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about our mission and values at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Payroll Administrator role
The Payroll Administrator on the Global Operations team will independently own and operate numerous systems, procedures, and software that facilitate the smooth functioning of our global payroll and compensation processes. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for administering monthly payroll efficiently and accurately on a regular schedule, for each of our office and project countries. As needed, and often in collaboration with stakeholders at all levels, the Payroll Administrator will be charged with improving the functionality of these processes.
Reporting to the Global Operations Associate based in Delhi and working with our Global and Regional Operations and Finance teams, the Payroll Administrator will lead:
Payroll Management: Design, document, and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes. We want someone who will oversee the way we compensate employees globally and ensure all monthly salary and tax payments are accurate and timely.
Reporting and Analysis: Prepare and submit all necessary payroll, tax, and compliance filings. This teammate will also play a key role in compensation-related analyses and projections for senior-level stakeholders in the organisation.
Legal Compliance: Ensure that all compensation procedures and tax and statutory contribution payments are compliant with local regulations by staying up-to-date on state and federal employment laws and tax codes.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a human resources, operations, accounting, or finance role;
- Familiarity with business and productivity software. Microsoft Office experience is a must.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn the operation of other programs
- Intermediate to advanced experience in spreadsheet software (Excel and/or Google Sheets) , either in a professional or academic setting;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Passionate about global development and social impact. Experience or interest in non-profit operations and management;
- Detail-oriented and able to execute multi-faceted, procedural tasks with a high amount of autonomy;
- Keen eye for accuracy in data-entry and validation;
- Ability to handle sensitive information, data, and issues with mature and discreet professionalism
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with willingness to give and receive frequent and candid feedback;
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams.
- Proven experience working with international payroll, income taxation, and business compliance.
- Experience working with the entire Google Suite. Programs include, but are not limited to: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites.
- Knowledge of human resources, including payroll, benefits administration and vendor management.
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal, structured enable maximum professional growth.
Nuts and Bolts
This position will be based in our Delhi, India office. Compensation will be competitive with comparable social sector roles, and commensurate with experience and track record. Start date is February to March 2021, with a preference for as early as possible.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. More information, including spotlights of current and past IDinsighters, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to careers@IDinsight.org. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a diverse and supportive workplace.