The Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. We are an advocate, capacity builder, and platform that cuts across private, public and social sectors embracing all types of engagement to improve the effectiveness of members across the Asia Pacific region.
The core mission of AVPN is to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector by connecting and empowering key stakeholders from funders to the social purpose organizations they support.
The Knowledge Centre aims to equip practitioners and new entrants with necessary skills and tools to be more strategic and impactful through a range of training programmes, insight reports and engagement activities.
We seek a young professional to join our Knowledge Centre team in Singapore.
In this role, you will own part of the research process by
- Conducting primary and secondary research on topics related to social investment
- Analysing this data for patterns and insights
- Write and edit research-driven content such as articles, blog posts, case studies, e-books and other more in-depth reports
- Support training, workshops and other knowledge centre events
Ideally you bring the following to our team and the role:
- Honours or Masters degree in social sciences, communications or a related field
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Qualitative research experience
- Strong interest in social investing and the social sector generally
- Strong written and spoken English
- Firm MS Office and data analysis skills in Excel
- Ability to write for different media and to communicate sector knowledge to various audiences
- Language skills in Mandarin, Cantonese or a South East Asian language is a plus
- General curiosity, entrepreneurial mindset and proactive, independent practice
Commence as soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.