AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact social investment community across Asia. AVPN’s mission is to catalyse the movement toward a more strategic, collaborative and outcome focused approach to social investing, ensuring that resources are deployed as effectively as possible to address key social challenges facing Asia today and in the future.
Senior Partnerships Manager
We are looking for a professional with a strong interest in the social investment and philanthropy sector to join the AVPN partnerships team. We are responsible for developing, delivering and managing the grants and sponsorships that support AVPN in delivering on its mission to moving Capital towards Impact. In the last financial year, AVPN was supported by more than 50 funders across a range of projects, programs and signature events. The Partnerships team is based in Singapore.
The Senior Partnerships Manager will report to the AVPN Chief Partnerships Officer and will work closely with the Partnerships Manager and Partnerships Associate to help deliver the Grant and Sponsorship pipeline, grant management and reporting and support key strategic relationships with AVPN members and network
- Assist in the development of a robust pipeline for grants with existing as well as new funders
- Manage the grant proposal process from concept note to submission
- Co-ordinate with the AVPN teams; such as Membership, Knowledge Centre and Asia Policy Forum to bring their knowledge and expertise into proposal development
- Work with the regional teams and consultants to support their work in building local funding and sponsorship networks
- Build relationships with members, funders and sponsors, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintaining them over time
- Manage ad-hoc projects that are part of the Partnerships team
- Identify sponsors from the AVPN network for the AVPN annual conference, regional conferences and events
- Support the curation of key Asian summits to develop sponsor options
Skills and Attributes
- Goal-focused, able to drive work to stay on track with a focus on desired outcomes
- Relevant work experience in social investment, impact funds, strategic philanthropy, corporate social impact, or similar, preferably in Asia
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, self-starter that proactively seeks opportunities and addresses challenges.
- Must be able to take initiative
- Be detail-oriented, thorough and meticulous
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Be used to collaborate vertically and laterally with leadership, colleagues and clients
- Have a strong interest in and passion for philanthropy and social investment
- Strong written and spoken English and ability to speak the language of business and investment
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed.
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Senior Partnerships Manager” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.