About the Job
The GIIN has recently established a new partnership with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to support the development of impact investing for and in Southeast Asia, with the ultimate goal of mobilizing private capital to finance businesses and innovative solutions that advance social and economic development in the region, particularly in emerging markets. We aim to build on growing industry interest and momentum to support the continued growth in impact investing activity in the region by both regional and international investors. This will require drawing attention to the nature of emerging needs and opportunities in SE Asia to current impact investors and building receptivity for impact investing amongst new groups of investors, particularly domestic asset owners.
The GIIN is seeking a consultant that will serve as a liaison (preferably based in Singapore) to develop outreach and marketing strategies that will result in increased engagement of impact investors in the region. The consultant must have with financial sector experience and an existing network of contacts to support a systematic program of outreach and engagement across Southeast Asia. The role will cover engagement across ASEAN countries with an emphasis on those most active as impact investing markets. The Liaison will need to be a strong and persuasive advocate for impact investing who is capable of communicating how impact can fit within an overall investment strategy.
The consultant will work in conjunction with the Director Member Engagement/Capital Mobilization who will be the GIIN’s point of contact to ensure deliverables are met as stipulated in the consultant agreement.
The right individual will have the following qualifications:
- 12 or more years of relevant outreach and marketing experience, including working with institutional investors on responsible or sustainable investment
- Strong understanding of the South East Asia market context, including emerging markets;
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships and mobilizing diverse groups behind a common agenda
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with public speaking/presentation experience required
- Strong experience in project management with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with GIIN staff project lead(s) located in different times zones
- Strong ability to judge when to accommodate work schedule to meet demands of the project in times of peak project flow;
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing / using capital as a force for good;
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
All interested parties must email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “SE Asia Liaison_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your project fee requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)