Syngenera supports corporate sustainability action across three themes: decarbonization, circular economy, and inclusive business practices. We do this through identifying and managing large-scale natural capital concessions (~10,000 ha +), such that corporate strategic partners can invest directly for the purposes of forestry carbon credits (avoided deforestation, reforestation), sustainable agroforestry production, and the creation as well as support of community-centric non-timber forest enterprise (NTFE). Syngenera is initially focused on Indonesia and has incorporated a team of professionals with decades of in-country forestry management experience.
Since our inception in 2016, we have accomplished the following:
1) Completion of a database assessing over 3,000 potential forestry projects throughout the country
2) Identification of priority concessions available for our ‘Phase One’ of investment that meet our core criteria:
• Maximization of carbon sequestration and carbon offset potential
• Creation of meaningful work and economic opportunities for local communities through sustainable agroforestry and NTFE
• Positive conservation and biodiversity impacts
3) Continued development of a database that quantifies project interventions as ‘SDG outcomes’ that can be delivered to investors alongside traditional financial returns and carbon offset off-take Agreements.
4) Agreements with a number of corporate strategic partners and development finance institutions for technical assistance and potential financing
The aim of the project is to mobilise green finance, using digital technology. It is achieved through a digital platform to democratise the industry.
Minimize loss of surplus food and improve food equity. SOS rescues surplus food from industries and re-distributes to low-income villages, orphanages and charity org supporting the vulnerable.
This project will assess, in collaboration with power companies, investors and governments around Asia, the feasibility of coupling floating solar with existing hydropower to meet development goals in a climate-safe way.