Deal Share streamlines communications on prospective funding and collaboration opportunities for AVPN members* on investable deals. It provides connections in a targeted manner, and channel members’ resources strategically to develop Social Purpose Organisations** (SPOs) towards investment readiness through the Deal Share Platform and Deal Share Live sessions.
- Insights – Provide information on deals and the SPO landscape
- Capital Deployment – Curate opportunities for skilled based volunteering and technical assistance (human and intellectual capital) to help SPOs towards investment readiness (financial capital)
- Collaboration for Impact – Connect diverse groups of members, break down barriers to create collective impact in achieving the SDGs
* AVPN members refer to our funder and resource provider network. We generally refer to organisations listed on the DSP or Deal Share Live alumni as Deal Share SPOs.
**Social purpose organisations refer to organizations ( ie for-profit social enterprises (SEs), not for-profit organisations (NPOs), non-governmental organisations (NGOs), charities, etc) whose mandate is to deliver social and/or environmental impact.
1. How can I use the Deal Share Platform?
For AVPN members:
- Identify deals of interest to you on the DSP and connect with the SPO for possible funding, pilot or capacity support
- Endorse deals to be listed on the DSP
- Be a Deal Share Partner for Conference 2019 and other in-country activities. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get an AVPN-member endorsed deal listed on the DSP and gain enhanced visibility to other AVPN members .
- A chance to participate in Deal Share Live events and access social investment insights.
- Get in touch with other SPOs through the AVPN Connector
2. How do I get started?
Members can use the platform in two ways:
- List an SPO that you have supported previously or are currently supporting to help them receive additional resources. Support refers to both financial and non-financial capital.
- Search for SPOs that have been recommended by other AVPN Members to grow your pipeline of deals and increase their social impact through your programmes .
To search for an SPO, you can use the filters at the top of the Deal Share page to sort by various interest areas. Click here for a demo video of the DSP. Contact email@example.com if you have active campaigns/programmes and are looking for quality projects to collaborate with.
SPOs interested to list can also submit your information online as long as you have the information of the endorsing member. SPOs may also choose to submit more than one project to be listed on the DSP. We will verify the submitted information with the AVPN member indicated before publishing it on the DSP.
SPOs without any endorsing member may submit their form here. We will not be able to publish your work on the Deal Share Platform, but will keep you in mind for relevant opportunities where you may be listed.
You can use the PDF version of the form here for reference of the questions asked but do note that all submissions would have to be made online.
3. What does members endorsement of a SPO’s project mean?
- To be listed on the Deal Share Platform, SPOs will require an AVPN member to endorse their project on the DSP.
- To be eligible as an endorser, the AVPN member should have provided financial and/or non-financial support to the SPO, and also be equipped with a good understanding of the SPO.
- The endorsing member and its contact person will appear on the SPO page, where other members will be able to connect with them through the AVPN connector.
- Note that an AVPN member cannot endorse its own project and would require another AVPN member for the endorsement.
4. Does the platform guarantee a match between funders/resource providers and social purpose organisations?
AVPN does not manage the programmes/projects and would not be able to guarantee a match.
The DSP however provides insights on members and SPOs’ activities, which allows us to help members identify quality projects from the Platform that are relevant to their own programmes. At the same time, SPOs whose projects require further resources to scale and to operate sustainably may be connected with other AVPN members where interests are aligned. SPOs can also be connected with other SPOs to explore collaboration opportunities, especially if they operate within the same sector and/or when they would like to scale to different markets.
<Deal Share Live>
Complementing the Deal Share online efforts, the AVPN Deal Share Live sessions serve to highlight interesting and successful projects in Asia that are supported by our members to the wider community at the annual AVPN Conference, as well as at curated events.
- Provides both investors and investees exposure and visibility to other grant-funders, impact investors and possible partners in the region
- Opportunity to hear from the SPOs on their implementation work on the ground, to understand how they work with resource providers and identify collaboration opportunities.
5. What types of support can be provided?
AVPN members fund across the spectrum from non-profit organisations to social enterprises and provide financial, human and intellectual capital.
- Financial support includes:
- Convertible Debt
- Non-financial support includes:
- Strategy and Operations Consulting
- Capability Development
- Access to Networks
- Professional Services (e.g. Accounting, Legal)
- Marketing and Communications
- Fundraising advice
Additional resources provided by our members and partners are also updated under Deal Share Resources.
6. What do I need to do to list a Deal?
- DSP is a Member-Only portal so only deals endorsed by AVPN members will be listed.
- Please fill out the submission form for AVPN to process the listing. Either AVPN member or the Social Purpose Organisation can submit the form.
- Please refer to this sample deal in your preparation for the submission. This sample deal guides you in structuring your project for maximum effectiveness.
- In uploading files (e.g. registration documents, images), .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png are the only accepted file types.
- You can also contact the AVPN team at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions on how to get started.
7. Who can see my posted Deals?
The landing page is open to the public to give the SPOs visibility to as many people as possible and to provide a sneak preview of the projects AVPN members are active in to attract additional interest for AVPN and our members. However, since DSP is a Member-Only platform, only AVPN members will be able to see the full details of the deals and access contact information via the AVPN Connector.
In the event of an SPO presenting at a Deal Share Live event, their profile will be made public in the Deal Share Live page.
8. How will we be notified when there is interest in a deal?
The default communications method is via the AVPN Connector. When a member wishes to connect about a posted deal they can reach out to the supporting member and/or the SPO through the Connector. An email notification will then be sent directly to the supporting member. AVPN will also help connect members with SPOs through our curated activities.
9. Typically how long are the projects listed for?
Unless otherwise specified, Deals will be listed until the round of funding closes or non-financial support has been met. It is suggested to update the deals every 6 months or when there are specific milestones achieved. Please notify AVPN when you have updated deal information.
10. How can I update the information on my project page?
Please notify email@example.com when you have updated deal information or if your funding/non-financial requirements change.