The Deal Share Platform (DSP) is an AVPN members-only portal that showcases recommended Social Purpose Organisations (SPOs)* and streamlines collaboration and communication about past, present and future funding opportunities. Our members** can make a difference by working together to create a funding and resource pipeline for the SPOs, as well as to co-invest with other trusted members.
*Social purpose organisations refer to non-profit organisations (NPOs), non-governmental organisations (NGOs), charities and social enterprises (SEs) that interact directly with beneficiaries and whose primary objective is to deliver social impact.
** AVPN members refer to our funder and resource provider network. We generally refer to organisations listed on the DSP or Deal Share Live alumni as Deal Share SPOs.
1. How can I use the Deal Share Platform?
For AVPN members:
- Identify deals of interest to you on the DSP
- Endorse deals to be listed
- Be a Deal Share Partner for Conference 2019 and other in-country activities. Get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get listed on the DSP and gain visibility to AVPN’s network of Members.
- Participate in Deal Share Live and access social investment insights.
- Get in touch with other SPOs through the AVPN Connector.
2. How do I get started?
Members can use the platform in two ways:
- List an SPO that you have supported previously or are currently supporting to help them receive additional resources. Support refers to both financial and non-financial capital.
- Search for SPOs that have been recommended by other AVPN Members to become active in new projects for your organisation.
To search for an SPO, you can use the filters at the top of the Deal Share page to sort by various interest areas. Click here for a demo video of the DSP. Contact email@example.com if you have active campaigns/programmes and are looking for quality projects to support in.
SPOs interested to list can also submit your information online as long as you have the information of the endorsing member. SPOs may also choose to submit more than one project to be listed on the DSP. We will verify the submitted information with the AVPN member indicated before publishing it on the DSP.
SPOs without any endorsing member may submit their form here. We will not be able to publish your work on the Deal Share Platform, but will keep you in mind of relevant opportunities where you may be listed.
PDF of the form is attached here for reference of the questions asked but do note that all submissions would have to be made online.
3. What does members endorsement of a SPO’s project mean?
- To be listed on the Deal Share Platform, SPOs will require an AVPN member to endorse their project on the DSP.
- To be eligible as an endorser, AVPN member should have provided financial and/or non-financial support to the SPO, and also be equipped with a good understanding of the SPO.
- The endorsing member and its contact person will appear on the SPO page, where other members will be able to connect with them through the AVPN connector.
- Note that an AVPN member cannot endorse its own project and would require another AVPN member for the endorsement.
4. Does the Platform guarantee a match between funders/resource providers and social purpose organisations?
AVPN does not manage the programmes/projects and would not be able to guarantee a match.
The DSP however provides insights on members and SPOs’ activities, which allows us to help members identify quality projects from the Platform that are relevant to their own programmes. At the same time, SPOs whose projects require further resources to scale and to operate sustainably may be connected with other AVPN members where interests are aligned. SPOs can also be connected with other SPOs to explore collaboration opportunities, especially if they operate within the same sector and/or when they would like to scale to different markets.
<Deal Share Live>
Complementing the Deal Share online efforts, the AVPN Deal Share Live sessions serve to highlight interesting and successful projects in Asia that are supported by our members to the wider community at the annual AVPN Conference, as well as at curated events.
- Provides both investors and investees exposure and visibility to other grant-funders, impact investors and possible partners in the region
- Opportunity for us to hear from the SPOs on their implementation work on the ground, to understand how they work with resource providers and identify how we can collaborate with each other.
5. What types of Support can be provided?
AVPN members fund across the spectrum from non-profit organisations to social enterprises and provide financial, human and intellectual capital.
- Financial support includes:
- Convertible Debt
- Non-financial support includes:
- Strategy and Operations Consulting
- Capability Development
- Access to Networks
- Professional Services (e.g. Accounting, Legal)
- Marketing and Communications
Additional resources provided by our members and partners are also updated under Support Available.
6. What do I need to do to list a Deal?
- DSP is a Member-Only portal so only deals endorsed by AVPN members will be listed.
- Please fill out the submission form for AVPN to process the listing. Either AVPN member or the Social Purpose Organisation can submit the form.
- Please refer to this sample deal in your preparation for the submission. This sample deal guides you in structuring your project for maximum effectiveness.
- You can also contact the AVPN team at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions on how to get started.
7. Who can see my posted Deals?
The landing page is open to the public to give SPOs visibility to as many people as possible and to provide a sneak preview of the projects AVPN members are active in to attract additional interest for AVPN and our members. However, since DSP is a Member-Only platform, only AVPN members will be able to see the full details of the deals and access contact information via the AVPN Connector.
8. How will we be notified when there is interest in a deal?
The default communications method is via the AVPN Connector. When a member wishes to connect about a posted deal they can reach out to the supporting member and/or the SPO through the Connector. An email notification will then be sent directly to the supporting member. AVPN will also help connect members with SPOs through our curated activities.
9. Typically how long are the projects listed?
Unless otherwise specified, Deals will be listed until the round of funding closes or non-financial support has been met. Please notify AVPN when you have updated deal information.
10. How can I update the information on my project page?
Please notify email@example.com when you have updated deal information or if your funding/non-financial requirements change.