Ashoka Changemakers is excited to invite you to be a part of Fabric of Change, a challenge launched by Ashoka and C&A Foundation to support innovations that transform the fashion industry.
We envision a fair and sustainable apparel industry that respects people and planet, and a future where prosperity is within reach for everyone in the fashion value chain. We’re seeking innovations which include (but not limited to) those that:
- Address workers’ rights, working and living conditions, and the livelihoods of farmers supplying the fashion industry;
- Advance environmentally responsible materials, production methods, and supply chain processes;
- Incentivize collaboration between brands, manufacturers, supply chain partners, and governments;
- Promote transparency and mutual accountability between stakeholders;
- Empower consumers to drive change;
- Adapt models from other sectors to solve key problems in the apparel value chain.
More than €100,000 in total prizes will be awarded to the winners to test, refine, or scale their solutions. All finalists will receive a travel stipend to attend the Fabric of Change Summit to be held in the Spring of 2016. Check out also special category prizes for youth (age 18-24 years old) innovator and blogger!
The deadline to enter is November 18th, 2015. Entries submitted before October 21st are eligible for additional €1,000 Early Entry Prize. To enter the challenge and find out more, visit here.