We take a unique approach to investing in management teams and impact funds. At Capria we look for fund managers based and investing in emerging markets that can deliver superior financial returns, scalable impact, and contribute to the Capria Network. We have designated review periods with multiple investment cycles taking place in a given year. We are now accepting applications for our next investment cycle. If you are interesting working with us and seeking investment please submit some initial details by following the link provided through the button below. The deadline for our current investment cycle is May 19th 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
To request access to application, please click here.
Note: Capria is currently working with teams investing in emerging markets. We will potentially consider applications from teams based in developed markets at a later date.
We expect fund management teams to have previous investing experience, impact DNA, an initial investment thesis and a proposed fund structure. Please review our selection criteria prior to submitting information on your fund. Teams must also show traction identifying and engaging with both potential investors and potential portfolio companies.
Our Business Model: We provide risk capital along with significant multi-year acceleration & advisory services and in return receive a share of management revenues and profits from your new fund(s). We look to align interests based on each fund manager’s long term success and therefore do not charge any upfront fees to participate.
Capria Selection Criteria
We expect fund management teams to have previous investing experience, an investment thesis, and a proposed fund structure. The team must also show traction identifying and engaging with both potential funders and portfolio companies. We expect fund managers to seek superior financial returns, scalable social/environmental impact and be open to contribute to the Capria Network
Fund Manager Qualifications & Experience
- All-in entrepreneur commitment and aptitude
- Prepared to make a full-time commitment for 10+ years
- Team of at least two Partners/Principals
- Experience scaling businesses
- Investment experience (personally or at a firm)
- Seek superior financial returns
- Personal commitment to impact
- Self-reliant yet eager to listen, learn and improve
- Ready to invest a material amount of personal capital
- Relevant experience in the target market
- Strong deal pipeline and deal flow channels
- Fundraising progress and momentum
- Ready to spend a lot of time fundraising
- Ready now to run hard to get to fund first close
For more details, please click here.