Frontier Incubators is part of an initiative called Scaling Frontier Innovation (SFI) from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s InnovationXchange (iXc). The initiative is focused on the Asia-Pacific region and aims to help bridge the gap in development financing, grow the ecosystem that supports private investment in social innovation and social enterprises, and create opportunities for private sector capital to be invested in ways that contribute to development outcomes.
The Frontier Incubators program is one of four parts of the SFI initiative, and will focus on building the capabilities of incubators and accelerators in the region to increase the quality of support they offer to enterprises that participate in their programs. To achieve this, we will facilitate partnerships between global leaders in social enterprise incubation and acceleration and those in the region who are seeking support.
There will be three stages of the program:
- Outreach to source applications and collect data to support selection (May – July 2018)
- Evaluation of applications and selection of a cohort (August – October 2018)
- Design and delivery of capability building programs (November 2018 – June 2019)
In an effort to increase the impact of the program, we will also work with partners to develop and share resources that can help incubators and accelerators beyond our cohort. Through all of this we aim to strengthen the support services for innovators, entrepreneurs and social enterprises in the Asia Pacific, to help them secure investment and scale their impact.
- To build capabilities of incubators and accelerators of countries in the Asia-Pacific region
- To connect and facilitate partnerships between global leaders in the field and emerging accelerators and incubators in the region
- Increase the impact and investment potential of the social enterprises that incubators and accelerators in the region through capacity building
- Strengthen and grow the regional ecosystem of support services for innovators and social enterprises in the Asia-Pacific
As Frontier Incubators is a customised program, participants have the opportunity to receive:
- Tailored training for your organisation, designed and delivered by leaders in incubation and acceleration
- Access to a community of expert mentors and advisors
- Opportunities to work with investors, build your networks, and to participate in other DFAT programs
To register, please click here.
Deadline: July 31, 2018