What’s the GlobalGiving Accelerator?
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a great opportunity to join the GlobalGiving community. Through the Accelerator training curriculum, you will learn how to maximize your online fundraising potential. You’ll then put your new skills to the test by participating in the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign. You will learn all about GlobalGiving’s great features and get to know the GlobalGiving Team. Not only that, but it is an excellent opportunity to grow your base of supporters through a unique campaign atmosphere.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level. Following an optional two-week training curriculum, you’ll be entered into an Accelerator campaign where you’ll raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to graduate and secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply. We’ll support you as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways. We’ll also provide matching incentives for your donors, and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
GlobalGiving will provide $20,000 in matching funding and bonus prizes for participating organizations.
What are the benefits to completing the Accelerator?
Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates
- Additional promotion through GlobalGiving’s donor newsletter and social media
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment
- A certificate of completion of the GlobalGiving Accelerator
Win Extra Funding from GlobalGiving!
GlobalGiving provides several opportunities for organizations to win Bonus prizes or matching funds during the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign.
- Bonus Day: During the Accelerator, GlobalGiving will have one Bonus Day during which GlobalGiving will match online donations between $25 and $1,000.
- Most Funds Raised Prizes: At the conclusion of the Accelerator campaign, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will receive $3,000. The organization that raises the second highest amount will receive $2,000 and the organization with the third highest amount will receive $1,000.
- Most Unique Donors Prize: At the conclusion of the Accelerator, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will receive $2,000.
To apply, complete the online application.
Deadline to submit applications is February 1, 2017.