What’s the GlobalGiving Accelerator?
The GlobalGiving Accelerator is a great opportunity to join the GlobalGiving community. Through the Accelerator training curriculum, you will learn how to maximize your online fundraising potential. You’ll then put your new skills to the test by participating in the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign. You will learn all about GlobalGiving’s great features and get to know the GlobalGiving Team. Not only that, but it is an excellent opportunity to grow your base of supporters through a unique campaign atmosphere.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator happens during a specific period of time. Following an optional two-week training curriculum, participating organizations must raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform. Organizations will reach out to their supporters in order to reach those thresholds, and GlobalGiving is here to help with trainings and advice! Participation in the training curriculum is not required to be included in the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign but is highly encouraged and includes topics such as Crowdfunding 101, mapping your potential donor network, storytelling and email appeals, and creating SMART goals.
Organizations that raise the most funds or have the most donors will also get additional bonus prizes!
Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates
- Additional promotion through GlobalGiving’s donor newsletter and social media
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment
- A certificate of completion of the GlobalGiving Accelerator
GlobalGiving has a full list of features and benefits available here, but below are some key features of our platform.
- Donor Management Tools: When fundraising online, donor relationships are crucial. Through our donation manager you are able to see all of your donations in real-time and send personalized thank you emails immediately. The Project Reports you write are emailed to all of your donors and are posted to your project page for future donors to read. We even offer donors the option to fundraise directly for your project through fundraiser pages. If one of your donors is running a marathon or getting married, they can use GlobalGiving tools to create personalized pages to raise funds for you!
- US donor tax deductibility: All donations made through GlobalGiving are tax deductible for US taxpayers, even if your organization is based outside of the US. We handle all tax receipts for donors and provide them with annual summaries of their giving.
- Corporate partnerships: Each year, GlobalGiving works with 60+ companies around the world to help them with their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs. This means that our permanent nonprofit partners benefit from corporate philanthropy by being on our site. We also manage cause marketing campaigns for companies, resulting in more than $500,000 in funds going to our partners through different campaigns.
- Fundraising training and resources: GlobalGiving offers many training opportunities for you to learn more about online fundraising and how to be successful on GlobalGiving. We have one-on-one support to provide suggestions and advice for your fundraising. Also, you can check out our online toolkit, which includes video instructions to help you plan a strategy.
To join a GlobalGiving Accelerator and be a partner of GlobalGiving, you must be registered as a 501(c)3 non-profit in the United States OR be registered as a not-for-profit entity in another country.
What are the steps to becoming a GlobalGiving partner?
- Complete the online application and be approved by GlobalGiving’s staff
- Post a project for the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign
- Complete the Accelerator by raising $5,000 from 40 unique donors
You first complete the application and submit the document to GlobalGiving through our platform. Our next deadline to submit applications is October 11, 2016 but we accept applications at any time! Your application with GlobalGiving will be valid for two full years.