Rapid urbanization is taking place, especially in the developing world. Many new cities are emerging and several existing cities are expanding rapidly. Case in point: Amaravati, the greenfield capital of Andhra Pradesh in India, is being developed with a planned population of 3.5 million!
While these cities aspire to become liveable, smart and sustainable, they face unique constraints such as competing pressures on land, limited budgets, and socio-economic diversity.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh, in partnership with Omidyar Network and Dalberg Advisors, is hosting a pitch competition at the Happy Cities Summit to identify innovative, impactful and scalable solutions that enhance ‘citizen happiness’. The competition is open to both for-profit and not-for-profit firms.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INNOVATIONS ACROSS THREE THEMES
- Citizen-centric Governance
- Liveable Communities
- Clean & Healthy Environment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Sign MoUs with citygovernments
- Receive funding and win cash prizes to scale your ventures
- Get an all-expenses paid trip to the Summit
- Showcase your solution to the global urban community
- Get global recognitionthrough intensive media coverage
To apply, please click here.
Deadline: March 12, 2018