T-Hub – India’s fastest growing startup engine catalyzing Innovation, Scale, and Deal flow – in partnership with United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is inviting startups that are working on video analytics solutions to apply for the Smart City/Smart Building NanoAccelerator® program. This initiative will enable the Climate Controls and Security and Otis divisions of UTC to work closely with the shortlisted startups, which are differentiable, scalable, software and/or which runs on low cost general purpose hardware and which provides seamless actionable intelligence data with minimal human intervention.
Through this program, we seek to enhance UTC’s integrated platform with reliable and efficient video analytics software and embedded intelligence, through open innovation frameworks.
A seamless video solution would include video intelligence at the camera (edge), video intelligence shared by a “local mesh” of cameras to construct a local real time event unfolding, and intelligence from local events further processed to construct a situation with greater detail and reliability, with minimal human intervention.
The analytics requirements for residential, commercial & enterprise video solutions would vary. The solutions are currently sought in the area of commercial and enterprise market segments.
In a commercial set up, like banking, shops, malls, with typically 4-100 cameras, solutions are sought with edge video intelligence to identify abnormal or suspicious activity. In an enterprise set-up, like airports, with 100 to 1000’s of cameras, solutions are sought to identify the intent, context at the edge, and solutions are sought to track in real time any unexpected event to raise alerts or awareness to security personnel
In many situations, the solutions that minimize specialized configurations and which eliminate privacy concerns will be preferred. Solutions that integrate with other ubiquitous information (like social media) to improve the accuracy and reliability of the data or to extend the capabilities of the system, will be preferred.
The challenge therefore is to have analytics that have several of the below features:
- Intelligent intrusion detection and classification of objects, indoor & outdoor
- Automated people detection at parking entrance/exit
- Vehicle / human detection – Further classification into subtypes will be given extra consideration (e.g car vs truck, male vs female etc.)
- People, vehicle, object counting, License plate recognition
- Crowd density management
- Static object (known as Left behind, abandoned baggage, left luggage)
- Trajectory between cameras
- People detection on a conveyor belt
- People detection on railroad tracks or on gates
- Meaningful data about the volume and direction of pedestrians, bikes, motorbikes, cars, and large vehicles.
- Which can easily be integrated with UTC’s intelligent software platforms via APIs, Services or libraries.
- The solution must be easily configured during deployment, with minimal setup or training required from end users.
- For systems that utilize off-line training of target objects, it is required that on-line methods be available for improving or tuning the system when deployed.
And these are pulled together as needed, to find “a lost child wearing a blue jacket in mall” or detecting “suspicious or abnormal activity at an airport” in real time.
- Each team must have at least 1 full time employee. A ‘full time employee’ is defined as a person that maintains standard business hours working on the technology or venture (at a minimum, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.)
- The product or technology the team is offering for consideration provides a functionality or capability not currently available in any off the shelf product, or a functionality/capability that can be demonstrated to possess a significant advantage over current offerings in some aspect
- The product or technology the team is offering for consideration represents original ideas wholly owned with freedom to use or is licensed by the team
- Individuals or teams incubating new ideas around the globe
- The team has formed or is a part of a recognized, legal entity for the company structure
What’s in it for Startups?
- Opportunity for selected startup to work and scale up under the aegis of UTC. The top 5-6 startups chosen/shortlisted through this program will work with UTC Technology Leaders / Mentors, to collaborate and prioritize the solution at Hyderabad.
- The startups will be given an opportunity to develop proof of concept (POC) on the prioritized solution and showcase their POC to key executives of UTC, during the ‘Demo Day’ at T-Hub
- Opportunity to receive funding not exceeding $25K for up to 2 POCs, in case UTC expresses its interest in any of the POCs demoed by startups, to further develop & deliver the POC’s for UTC within mutually agreed milestones
- If mutual interest established, further collaboration options would be discussed
- Access to T-Hub’s network of mentors, industry experts, investors, service providers, community/ecosystem
- T&S will be covered only for shortlisted outstation startups & for one member per startup to fly down to Hyderabad
To apply, please click here.
DEADLINE: August 20, 2017