The COVID-19 pandemic exacerbated existing social, economic and governance inequalities in countries around the globe. Governments were faced with huge challenges of addressing the immediate impact of COVID-19 such as the overburden of its health care systems as well as designing a sustainable recovery pathway. At the same time, the climate crisis continued to drastically impact the lives and livelihood of citizens, leading governments to deal with a twin crisis strongly interlinked with one another.
These interlinked global challenges require collaborative action and coordination at all level with the full engagement of state and non-state actors. In this regard, the Climate Promise team and the Gender team at the Bangkok Regional Hub are co-hosting a regional forum to facilitate knowledge, good practices and lessons learnt on integrating gender into climate policies and implementation of gender responsive climate initiatives in the context of the new normal. The forum will focus on the following core themes.
- Raising climate ambitions through locally led climate actions
- Scaling up nature-based solutions as part of green recovery
- Translating plans into action through gender integrated climate finance
- Addressing climate risks and sustaining peace through gender responsive climate solutions
The forum sessions will provide the space for knowledge exchanges and sharing of lesson learnt that provides national government and key stakeholders with practical examples of good practices on how to integrate gender into climate issues and its effective implementation. The forum aims to:
- Provide a space for policy dialogue, knowledge sharing and networking on gender equality and climate change nexus amongst key stakeholders including government ministries, NGOs, research institutions.
- Share lessons learnt, discuss new entry points and innovative approaches for bringing in a whole of society approach that translate into bolder climate ambition and implementation and inclusive green recovery.
- Explore potential partnerships and synergies for leveraging NDC processes for a more inclusive climate ambition.
To access the registration form immediately, please click here.