There is a feeling that now is a shrewd time to invest in Japan and take advantage of the favourable conditions for private equity. Valuations are low compared with the rest of Asia and strategic buyers and the IPO market are providing an attractive route for exits. There are also signs that corporate Japan is slowly coming around to engaging PE as a potential buyer for non-core assets and recent developments at the GPIF suggest that PE will be under strong consideration for allocations from pension funds in the near future as well as regional banks committing to the asset class right now.
The macro concerns that have been present for many years still remain in terms of low growth and currency depreciation but these are encouraging times for fund managers looking to both raise capital from Japanese LPs and make investments.
>> Download the event brochure
>> Check the list of companies who attended in 2014: last year the AVCJ Forum attracted over 340 leading Japanese focused PE executives with a record number of 215 investors from 11 countries
Key benefits of attending include:
- Network with over 215 institutional investors that are looking to meet fund managers from across the globe and make commitments to the asset class
- Discover how private equity is assisting Japanese firms to source growth opportunities offshore whilst providing the expertise to manage these opportunities
- Find out what the government is doing to support the industry and predictions for a potential increase in corporate carve-out deals
- Understand how to engage regional banks for fundraising and also deal sourcing by displaying a GPs role in operational enhancement as a driver for IRR
- Hear about the latest tech and mobile investment opportunities and how VC’s are uncovering the next wave of successful Japanese entrepreneurs
|Contact||Audrey Reisdorffer, Marketing Manager (AVCJ), [email protected] or +852 3411 4706|
|Cost||US$2,249Special offer for AVPN members! AVPN members enjoy a 10% DISCOUNT off the standard rate to attend the Forum (a savings of US$250).|
|How to Register||Online here, or e-mail your booking form to at [email protected] or calling +852 3411 4706. Don’t forget to quote the discount code AVPN_AP15.|