Philanthropies and social investors around the world are searching for more measurable and sustainable ways to give. However, not all stakeholders are ready to make the transition to full-fledged impact investing. One innovative instrument that helps to bridge the worlds of traditional philanthropy and impact investing is the Social Impact Bond (SIB). Since the first SIB launched in the UK in 2010, there have been over 100 SIBs around the world. Yet in Asia, only small pilots have been launched to date.
This roundtable aims to:
- Introduce the rationale behind Social Impact Bonds for different stakeholders.
- Show how the tool can be applied with international case studies.
- De-mystify the process of taking Social Impact Bonds from idea to reality.
- Suggest adaptations to tackle critical social issues in the Asian context.
- Discuss the opportunity to establish a Development Fund to spread this exciting innovation at scale in countries around Asia.
This event is by-invitation only.
To RSVP or enquire further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.