“It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
We live in uncertain times. Whether we like it or not adversity is part of life and overcoming it is one of the biggest hurdles we face.
Have you ever felt like things were stacked against you in life? How do we deal with it? How is it that some people bounce back from adversity and misfortune while others fall apart?
Working in non-profits, there are many challenges to be faced, all of us can benefit from becoming more resilient – to better our ability to face our struggles, recover, and adapt. When we resolve to confront and overcome it, we become experts at dealing with it and consequently truimph over our day-to-day struggles.
Join us to learn how to deal with and overcome adversity, to build character, resilience, discipline and perseverance in tough times. Get inspired to create an inclusive society by gleaning insights from the inspirational life stories of a Bomb Blast Survivor, a Senator and Paralympian, a Neuroscientist and Physician and an Olympian who conquered the world’s toughest challenges and aren’t done yet.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Develop an understanding on advancing their natural advantage
- Learn how personal values connect to motivation to overcome adversities
- Learn how to balance confidence with positive attitude, passion and determination
- Improve resilience quotient to overcome challenges in life
- Develop a personal philosophy of leadership in life to champion for causes that they believe in
- Learn how to turn setbacks into comebacks with the support of family and friends
- Articulate and appreciate the advice of an Olympian for life success
- Be empowered to create an inclusive and supportive environment for people of all walks of life to succeed
- Connect and establish new relationships with all involved for a shared vision of inclusiveness, equity and service
#4 pax bundle promotion – Buy 3, get 1 Free
[For every 3 paid seats registered by the organisation, we will sponsor 1 seat to allow more people in social service organisations and social enterprises to benefit from this GLS conference series. Government agencies and statutory boards are not eligible.]
*Conference fees stated does not include GST.
NOTE: Please email to [email protected] indicating your name and NRIC No. if you are on wheelchair or require assistance. Accommodation of wheelchair is subject to availability which SSI will respond to you.
Register here by September 5, 2018.
For more information on conference, read more here.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 6589 5555