Capacity Building is fundamentally about channelling resources to improve an organisation’s effectiveness. AVPN has curated a series of case studies and best practices on how resource providers have supported capacity building efforts across Asia, bringing a multi-faceted view to how resources can be catalysed and leveraged to deliver greater social impact.
To this end, this masterclass offers participants the possibility to step out of their daily practice, reflect on other practices, interact with their peers and enhance their own strategy.
More details on the masterclass structure can be found HERE.
Who Should Attend?
- Grant maker – your work requires you to provide both funding and value-added services to grow social organisations. How can you give more than money and start building capacities?
- CSR manager – you’re tasked with overseeing skills-based volunteering opportunities for your colleagues, how can you match them with social initiatives for maximum value?
- Portfolio manager in an impact investment fund – how can you justify funding capacity building overheads of your investees?
- Incubator manager – capacity building is already core to your work; come and participate in the discussion and learn about alternative models.
- Social investor/HNWI – you’ve funded several organisations and initiatives. You would like to learn about alternative models in this space to maximise impact.
By the end of the session, participants will have:
- discussed different ways of capacity building in various contexts using case studies and literature
- reflected on common issues along the example of other thought leaders in this space and begun to map out solutions to their issues
- enhanced their capacity building strategy using the AVPN Capacity Canvas and discussion with their peers
- received a hard copy of the ‘AVPN Guide to Effective Capacity Building’
- AVPN Member: SGD 150
- Non-member: SGD 300
For more details, please contact [email protected]