J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia invites you to participate in a half-day seminar on globally informed and locally grounded policies in health and education.
Join us for a discussion bringing together perspectives from government, non-profit, researchers and donors on how India has fared in ensuring good health and quality education for all, and sharing experiences on using evidence to inform policies and programmes.
The event will comprise two panels on health and education with representatives from government, non-profit, researchers and donors.
Panel 1: Transforming health and well-being
- Jorge Coarasa, World Bank, Program Leader for Human Development
- Sridhar Srikantiah, CARE India, Technical Director
- Dr Sapna Desai, Population Council, Associate
- Sanjay Kumar, Government of Bihar, Principal Secretary Health and Cabinet Secretariat
- Dr Shagun Sabarwal, CLEAR/J-PAL South Asia, Associate Director of Policy and Training
Panel 2: Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education
- Bikkrama Daulet Singh, Central Square Foundation, Co-Managing Director
- Dr. Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, University College London, Chair of Education Economics and International Development
- Dr. Rukmini Banerji, Pratham Education Foundation, Chief Executive Officer
- Dr. Sarvendra Vikram Bahadur Singh, Government of Uttar Pradesh, Director of Basic Education
- Shobhini Mukerji, J-PAL South Asia, Executive Director