IDEAS FOR ACTION is a youth competition centered around financing sustainable development. Every year, students and youngprofessionals from around the world participate to design innovative ideas for financing and implementing the Sustainable Development Goals. Tanoto Foundation and the Wharton School are pleased to be launching the 2020 Ideas for Action Incubator Competition to invite Indonesian students and young professionals to develop and share their ideas for financingsolutions to deliver the SDGs.
- Youth between the ages 18 and 35are invited to participate
- Team Composition: This is a team competition. Teams must consist of 2 to 6 members and may be formed across different courses, faculties, universities, institutions, and companies.
Eligibility for the 2020 I4A Incubator Competitionis based on the following:
- Significance (25%): the proposal should be specific enough to go into some level of depth, but significant enough that it impacts a large number of people and/or businesses and nations, and specifically target one or more SDG goals.
- Originality and creativity (25%): solution should be original and creative
- Feasibility (35%): the proposal should be actionable and measurable; they should also be based in practicality rather than just theory. Proposals should be tied to particular region in Indonesia.
- Clarity (15%): the ideas should be presented in a clear or concise manner.
Proposals must be submitted to http://bit.ly/2020I4AIncubatorCompetition for the Incubator Competition.
|31 Aug – 15 Oct 2019||Submission of ideas to INCUBATOR COMPETITION|
|31 Oct 2019||Announcement of five winning teams of INCUBATOR COMPETITION
(Selected by Tanoto Foundation team)
|Nov 2019 – Jan 2020||Introduction and mentoring session with the Wharton School students
(for 5 winning teams)
|Feb 2020||Mentoring at the Wharton School for first-place winner
(For two persons of the first-place winning team)
|Until 29 Feb 2020||Submission of ideas to IDEAS FOR ACTION Global Competition
(All submission to INCUBATOR COMPETITION, including from the five winning teams will need to be submitted to the IDEAS FOR ACTION Global Competition)
|June 2020||Announcement of IDEAS FOR ACTION Global Competition winners|
Winners of the IDEAS FOR ACTION Global Competition get to:
- Present their ideas at an event during the Annual Meetings of the IMF and the World Bank Group.
- Receive support from a project incubator at the Wharton School, and
- Benefit from unique capacity development and networking opportunities with experts from international development, academia, and the private sector.
For more information, please visit: www.tanotofoundation.org/id/ideas-for-action-incubator-competition/ or contact: Fenny 0812 9018 0932 – [email protected].