At the heart of Innovations in Healthcare is our network of nearly one-hundred innovators from around the world working to expand access to affordable, quality healthcare. Every year, we identify and recruit entrepreneurs who have promising models of healthcare across the globe. Through a highly competitive process, we then select the best organizations to join our network of innovators. We help connect these innovators with opportunities, information, and contacts they need to scale up their work.
For innovators in our network, we offer programming to support their development and growth, including business support, networking and learning opportunities, and access to financing. This includes one-on-one mentorship with an experienced engagement manager as well as access to our extensive network of partners and supporters to help scale and adapt in new settings. We also provide a peer network and community of practice to share lessons learned, expand network connections and develop new insights.
Every year, we select a handful of promising health innovators to join our network. At IiH, we define health innovation broadly. The innovators in our network come from all geographies and have offerings across the spectrum of health care delivery, including in workforce development, new models of care, new models of health finaning, as well as new technologies for diagnosis or data management. Occasionally, we seek innovators focused on specific health areas to participate in our Learning and Actions networks (LANs). We currently are recruiting for our LANs in Digital Health and Mental Health (see bottom of page).
Successful applicants should have the following characteristics:
- Targeted and Effective Solution The innovation should address a health need in a target population and provide a significant improvement in health outcomes, cost, quality, and/or access to the organization’s health services and products.
- Organizational Maturity The organization should have been in operation for three or more years and have a product or service available and in use.
- Validated Impact The organization should have data to validate its innovation in the target market.
- Scalable Business Model The organization should have a clear, financially sustainable business model that supports the organization’s desire for scale beyond the organization’s current implementation site.
- Financial Sustainability Preference will be given to organizations that have generated annual revenue or grant/donor funding that has met or exceeded its operating costs for the past two years.
Does your organization meet these criteria? Are you interested in joining a community of leading health innovators that are part of a thriving global health network? We’d love to hear from you.
Fill out this expression of interest form. We will set-up a time to chat. Promising organizations will be invited to fill-out an application for membership.
The 2020 Innovator Application close 31/12/2020. Click here to learn more.