InsuranceERM and Environmental Finance are pleased to announce that the second annual Insurance & Climate Risk EMEA conference, will take place on 3 December 2018 in London.
At the Insurance & Climate Risk conference we will look at the disruptive cascade effect of physical environmental risks and their impact on insurance risk as well as the threats and opportunities for investment, risk, actuarial and underwriting teams to consider in light to the adverse impacts of climate change.
Through keynote presentations, panel sessions and networking discussions, you will hear from our panel of experts about the insurers’ role in avoiding the next big source of systemic risk in the financial system.er investment, risk, actuarial and underwriting teams to discuss and learn what roles they can play in response to climate risk as well as its opportunities.
During a thought-provoking day, you will discuss:
- How regulation and the role of the supervisor in sustainable insurance is set to evolve
- Capturing and managing physical and climate related risk exposures.
- The challenge of assessing transition risk in the asset portfolio
- Impact investment strategies
- Repositioning the image of the insurer – partnering with clients to incentivise them towards sustainable choices and opening up opportunities
- The findings of the 2018 climate and coal insurance scorecard
- Developments in incorporating ESG into underwriting practices
- The progress to date in quantifying financial impacts of climate change risks
- Risks and opportunities in applying ESG approaches to the investment portfolio
- Liability risk – how is climate risk litigation evolving
Special offer: 30% discount for AVPN members with code AVPN30.