AVPN India and leading law firm Nishith Desai Associates are planning a dialogue between leading industrialists from India and global experts and philanthropists to discuss their own journeys in philanthropy.
Asia has a huge opportunity in front of it to change the world through social investment and venture philanthropy. India with its numerous social challenges and growing wealth needs to be a role model in terms of establishing venture philanthropy for the rest of Asia. Indian Industry captains are well poised to lead this effort due to their ability to create large scale social impact. The audience for the event comprises senior leaders from Indian industry, Private Equity and leading business families.
We will also be honoured to have Nobel Prize winner Prof. Yunus share his experience of creating a vibrant social business in the form of Grameen Bank which has led to the formation of the microfinance industry. The goal is to share experiences of role models in venture philanthropy not just in India but in Asia and the rest of the world.
The event is slated for March 14, 2015 at Taj Lands End Hotel in Bandra, Mumbai, and we hope that you can join this gathering and share your own experiences.
Early confirmations have been received from the following:
- Adi Godrej, Chairman of Godrej Group
- Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Group
- Arun Nanda, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra
- Huzaifa Khorakiwala, Executive Director, Wockhardt
- Kishor Chaukar, Managing Director of Tata Industries Limited
- Dr. Mukund Rajan, Group Spokesperson, Brand Custodian, Chief Ethics Officer and
- Chairman of the Tata Council for Community Initiatives of Tata Sons Limited
- Manish Kejriwal, Founding Partner and Managing Partner at Kedaara Capital Investment
- Managers Limited
- Naina Lal Kidwai, Group General Manager and Country Head of HSBC India.
- N. Chandrasekaran, CEO and Managing Director of Tata Consultancy Services
- Dr. Rana Kapoor, Managing Director & CEO of Yes Bank
- Sanjay Nayar, Member & CEO of KKR India
- Satish Reddy, Chairman Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Syamal Gupta, Retd. Tata BP Solar India Ltd
- Subir Gokran, Director of Research, Brookings India
- Vishakha Mulye, Managing Director & CEO
- Vikram Kirloskar, Chairman and Managing Director at Kirloskar Systems Limited
- Vikram Mehta, Chairman, Brookings India