In collaboration with KOICA, Instellar is looking for potential startups, innovative businesses, and social enterprises in Indonesia that working to solve environmental-related challenges in Indonesia with innovative business models.
KOICA is sponsoring the creation of King Sejong and Jang Yeong-Sil Prize, to provide grant funding (USD 50,000) for every 3 innovative businesses in the semi-final phase to implement optimal solutions to tackle the plastic problem in the ocean and environment. Finally, a team of panel expert judges will choose one winner to receive up to USD 200,000 to scale up an innovate project.
What we are looking for:
Innovative businesses working to solve the plastic problem in the ocean and environment.
- The cash prize of USD 50,000 for every 3 semi-finalists, and up to USD 200,000 for 1 award winner
- Certificate of Recognition for the King Sejong and Jang Yeong Sil Award.
- Potential media and networking opportunities through partner platforms, events, and connections to start-up/social impact communities.
- Registered as a for-profit business entity in Indonesia
- Have a proven documented social impact (quantitative and/or qualitative impact)
- Submit a proposal to implement a field test in 3 months and submit the results of the project (for 3 semi-finalists)
- Develop a scale-up proposal for an innovative project in 12 months (for 1 award winner)
- Documents to submit:
- Proposals for the prize (available to download proposal template in the application form)
- Incorporation license in Indonesia (copy)
- 2018 financial statements (income statements and balance sheet)
- Registration Open: 28th October 2019
- Application deadline: 24th of November 2019 at 11.59 pm Jakarta time
- Pitching/Interview session: 3rd of December 2019 at Instellar Indonesia, Bendungan Hilir, Jakarta Pusat
- Semi-finalists selected: 10th of December 2019
- Project Implementation: Jan – Mar. 2020*
- Final Presentation and Awarding: April 2020*
Register now at bit.ly/KingSejongPrize
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.