This is a by invitation event.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fifth UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 5) seeks to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. There is considerable interest among different groups of stakeholders in the social investing ecosystem in Asia to support women entrepreneurs and social enterprises that target women as consumers and/or beneficiaries.
AVPN and the Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF) will host the lunch to share knowledge and explore opportunities of partnership and collaboration, as well as develop an action plan for the future.
AVPN will share regional trends from our Social Investment Landscape in Asia, Effective Social Incubation and recent research relating to sustainability and growth of micro small medium enterprises (MSMEs) in ASEAN:
- challenges relating to access to finance, technical support and an enabling environment for MSMEs, particularly women-led businesses;
- specific challenges faced by women entrepreneurs compared to their male counterparts; and
- how inclusive financing mechanisms such as philanthropy, venture philanthropy and impact investing have emerged as financing avenues.
This will be followed by a panel discussion featuring perspectives from a female social entrepreneur, incubator, funder, and intermediaries working to support the ecosystem.
11:10 Introduction by Naina Batra, CEO, AVPN
11:15 Remarks by Mari Kogiso, Director, Gender Innovation and Investment Division, The Sasakawa Peace Foundation
11:20 Presentation by Martina Mettgenberg-Lemière, PhD, Head of Insights and Capacity Building, AVPN
11.30 Discussion on Trends & Challenges relating to Women Entrepreneurs
- Larasati Widyaputri, Owner & President Director, Ecodoe
- Ellen Nio, Country Manager for Investing in Woman, Patamar Capital
- Romy Cahyadi, Executive Director, UnLtd Indonesia
- Chrisma Albandjar, Special Advisor to the Chief of Staff of the President of the Republic of Indonesia; Advisory Board Member, YCAB
12:15 Lunch & Networking
About the Organiser
|AVPN is a unique funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high impact philanthropy and social investment community across Asia. As an advocate, capacity builder, and platform that cuts across private, public and social sectors, AVPN embraces all types of engagement to improve the effectiveness of members across the Asia Pacific region. A Member Directory and listing of Events can be found at www.AVPN.asia|
About the Sponsor
|The Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF) is a Japanese private foundation established in 1986 with an endowment from the Nippon Foundation to enhance international cooperation. After merging with the Ocean Policy Research Foundation in 2015, SPF has set its focus on five key areas: to address a variety of societal challenges that fast-emerging Asian countries currently face, to stimulate greater socioeconomic progress through women’s empowerment, to promote understanding and strengthen relationships with Muslim-majority countries, to further strengthen Japan – U.S. relations, and lastly, to develop programs to promote the long-term sustainability of the world’s oceans.|