The Oxford Impact Investing Programme provides a unique opportunity to develop a deep and broad understanding of the sector. We debate workable solutions to complex endemic problems, discuss innovative impact investments from around the world, and develop impact measurement tools. Our focus is on developing the practical skills essential to yield maximum social, environmental, and financial results.
This programme is for all interested in, or actively engaged in, the impact investing industry. It is a cross-sector networking and development opportunity for professionals and executives from around the world, including:
- Philanthropists and social investors who lead organizations engaged in mission-related or programme-related investments
- Financial professionals, both those who raise funds for impact investments and those who complete impact investment transactions
- Principals from impact investment funds
- Institutional investors, private investors, wealth managers, and investment consultants
- Managers from development finance institutions, research companies, global companies, government bodies, multilateral organisations
- Advisors to the sector, including lawyers, accountants, senior bankers, philanthropic consultants looking for a comprehensive multiple bottom-line perspective.
The investees who will benefit from your time at Oxford
There will be a strong emphasis on developing the practical skills necessary to implement effective investments that will yield maximum social, environmental, and financial results. You will get closer to the practical experiences of those who are making a difference in this field already, and go out invigorated, ready to share the challenges of social change, with a set of tools and a global support network.
Skills you will develop
- Learn to build partnerships across diverse communities, civil society, philanthropic, private, and public sectors
- Gain deep knowledge of the impact investing field and market
- Ability to structure high impact deals with multiple bottom-line results
- Assess funding transactions
- Complete rigorous due diligence in non-traditional environments
- Manage and measure impact investments through life-cycle investments and post-closing
- Understand cultural sensitivities
- Avoid doing harm
- Understand political, social, environmental, and financial challenges and opportunities
- Develop organisational infrastructure and culture to manage high impact investment programmes.
The community you will join
With participants from across sectors and the globe the Oxford Impact Investing Programme will be a valuable opportunity to network and develop on-going professional relationships. Following the programme you can continue to develop your contacts as a member of the Oxford Business Alumni.
For more information, please click here.