The 2015 PCMA Singapore Meetings Forum will focus on two critical topics for successful meetings: sponsorship and meeting design. Day 1 will start off with a meeting design keynote, discussing the changes of attendee behaviour and how conferences must shift their content and room designs as a result. Real life examples for all budget sizes will be shared, as well as conversations with venues on how they can support this trend. Both the afternoon of Day 1 and Day 2 will focus on association and meeting sponsorship programs. Through workshops on pitching and activation, participants will leave the event with a greater understanding of these topics and will have heard real life examples on how to build stronger, more profitable sponsorship programs for long term growth of the organization.
Continuing Education Units: All participants will receive .9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)/9 clock hours
Tuesday 30 June
09:00 – 09:30 Registration & Coffee/Tea
09:30 – 16:30 PCMA SINGAPORE MEETINGS FORUM
09:30 – 10:00 Welcome and State of the Industry
The program will be formally opened by Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau Executive. PCMA Executive will present on the biggest changes in the meetings industry to date and outlooks for the future.
10:00 – 10:45 Critical Meetings Design – General Session
In today’s world, it is critical to consider the design element in every component of an event. The session will give real examples of ways to look at space differently, as well as how to work more successfully within your organizing team to create stronger experiences.
- Increase awareness of new educational models, room setups, program formats and technology that can help boost learning and engagement
- Gain insight in the current and future state of meeting design
- Discover why it is important to view meeting design as critical to the success of your meeting and organization
- Delivering Scientific Content innovatively
- Balancing innovation with the cost of delivering it
- Measuring the ROI of innovative meeting design
10:45 – 11:15 Group Discussion/Group Work
A discussion will take place around the general session, where participants will share their own experiences and present their challenges.
- Formulate ideas with colleagues to make your events better incubators of learning
- Participate in focused conversation on how to create an emotional connection through design
11:15 – 11:30 Tea Break
11:30 – 12:15 What are Venues Doing?
Venue leaders will share insights as to how they are utilizing their space to accommodate the changing needs of conference attendees.
- Obtain new methods for utilizing the venue space to create different experiences
- Receive tools for working with venues and discuss space in a more thoughtful way
- Ask questions directly to venue leaders on how they are approaching their venue differently and working with clients to achieve their design objectives
12:15 – 13:00 Taking Small Steps to Make Big Change for Your Event
Hear real examples from global planners on how to make small steps towards change, without disengaging your attendees.
- Engage stakeholders to believe and invest in small change
- Walk away armed with the knowledge and tools to address these issues head on and create change
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 14:45 Maximizing Sponsorship Potential – General Session and Model Presentation
PCMA Executive to present on changing sponsorship trends in the industry and shifts by various sectors. Sponsorship models will be detailed, allowing participants to assess the maturity of their organization’s program.
- Identify sponsor models and the positives/negatives of each
- Recognize how to align a prospective sponsor with organizational assets by helping them realize their true objectives
- Apply fulfillment and measurement principles to prove value
14:45 – 15:15 Sponsorship Q&A and table discussion
Question and answer will occur, followed by facilitated table discussions diving deeper into the sponsorship models and sharing ideas and posing questions to peers.
- Acquire recommendations for how to apply the changing trends to your sponsorship model
- Utilize a range of revenue solutions based on peer examples
- Identify your program’s areas of weaknesses and strengths
15:15 – 15:45 Tea Break
15:45 – 16:45 Packaging and Pitching Exchange
A short explanation about building year round sponsorship packages will be shared, followed by an interactive exchange and role playing exercise.
- Apply the skills learned and increased confidence to pitch your organization’s value effectively to potential sponsors
- Explore your personal approach to pitching and how it can be adjusted for increased effectiveness
- Recognize ways your organization can re-evaluate its approach and importance of sponsors
16:45 – 17:15 Recap and Reenergize
After recapping day 1, the stage will be set for the interactive day 2. Wednesday promises collaborative presentations and discussions that will continue on the critical topic of sponsor activation.
17:45 – 19:30 PCMA Singapore Meetings Forum Attendee Welcome Dinner Location: TBD
Wednesday 1 July
07:00 PCMA Singapore Meetings Forum Participant Fun Run around the Bay – optional
09:30 – 12:15 PCMA SINGAPORE MEETINGS FORUM
09:15 – 09:30 Registration & Coffee/Tea
09:30 – 10:30 Case Studies for Implementing Sponsorship Strategies
PCMA Executives will share examples of how their organizations are looking at their sponsors differently to gain more revenue and value for their organizations.
- Identify current shifts in sponsorship trends
- Explore first-hand sponsorship case study examples from experienced global planners
- Implement new sponsorship strategies and tactics at your own meeting
10:30 – 12:00 Activation Workshop
Participants will receive real life challenging sponsorship scenarios to work through in teams and have the opportunity to connect and share with peers to learn how best to develop solutions to the challenges presented. Teams will present their outcomes from their scenario work and receive additional commentary and feedback from peers
- Examine sponsorship scenarios and identify activation solutions
- Brainstorm through shared experiences and best practices from peers on the best way to resolve these challenges
- Walk away armed with the knowledge and tools to address these issues head on if you encounter them in the future
12:00 – 12:15 Closing Solutions Session
The group will recap key learnings and new solutions shared from the event, as well as outcomes and further education needs for the future.
12:15 – 13:15 Attendee Networking Lunch
14:00 – 15:30 Exclusive Business Tour of Gardens by the Bay
For questions or to express interest in attending, please contact [email protected]