A dialogue between Global South sector leaders and their allies in the Global North.
- Clare Woodcraft (Moderator) – Executive Director for the Centre for Strategic Philanthropy &
- Kamal Munir – Pro Vice-Chancellor & Academic Director at the University of Cambridge
- Dr Samia M Al-Botmeh – Assistant Professor in economics and researcher at the Centre for Development Studies at Birzeit University
- Dr Riva Kantowitz – Founder of Radical Flexibility Fund (RFF)
- Maria Anik Tunjung – Board Member for Indonesia for Humanity (IFH)
(Further speakers to be announced soon)
Discussions about accountability in the philanthropic sector are not new with long-held calls for it to improve transparency. Within this context, however, too often the focus is on how grant recipients rather than grant makers need to improve their reporting standards and disclosure. As the power imbalances in the sector are called out, attention is now turning to how donors themselves are held to account in relation to how they empower local communities.